MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MINIstry of Fun
Joined
·
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During a videoconference on Wednesday, the person at the other end in Sydney told me that there were a whole lot of MINIs sitting at Darling Harbour, so they are here!

Our demos have arrived and should be cranked up shortly.

A Victorian dealer I spoke to about 2 Jan said that he was expecting his first Coopers to be ready for customers in Feb. So the Melbourne drop off must have occurred as well.

It is now important that we learn how BMW/MINI Austrlaia handle any fault issues. It isn't going to be that easy to take it back to the dealer and get a swap without waiting for many months for the next shipload to come in.

By the way, OZ friends, have we the ability to 'reject' a car. My brother has tried that sort of thing in the past with Ford and Nissan and it is really a dealer thing.

Also do we have the Lemon Law that USA/NY have where if your car is off the road for x days within y miles you can get a replacement?

The MINI has landed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,135 Posts
They should have been drop off in Mel on Oz day.

The ship left Sydney on 30/1/02 at 11 pm. Due in Brisbane at 7.30 am on the 1/2/02. Might be some Demo S in the shipment, one can only hope. I was told that a S would be in Mel for the GP and car show.

If you are lucky you might see something driving around the streets of BMW(au) Head office in Mel?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
I really don't want to start thinking of rejecting the car before I've even got the damned thing yet.

Any chance of staying positive as far as the Australian MINI's are concerned ?

Good.......moving on.

Snoopy !!!

Any idea if BMW will have an S at the Brisbane Motor Show ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,135 Posts
Basil

I have been told we will have two MINI's. One will be a Oz spec car (might be a silver one :) ) the other will be a MINI for the Mel GP Cleb race.

Nice idea about having a S, but i think not. You know the same old story, NO NO NO NO the release is in March at the OZ GP race in Mel. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
snoopy said:
Basil

I have been told we will have two MINI's. One will be a Oz spec car (might be a silver one :) ) the other will be a MINI for the Mel GP Cleb race.

Nice idea about having a S, but i think not. You know the same old story, NO NO NO NO the release is in March at the OZ GP race in Mel. :mad:
Now i'm confused !!.

The Mel GP Celebrity racers will be using the Works Coopers shipped over arn't they ?........you saying they'll have an S running around the circuit in Melbourne ? Now that would be worth coming down for......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
eltel said:
During a videoconference on Wednesday, the person at the other end in Sydney told me that there were a whole lot of MINIs sitting at Darling Harbour, so they are here!

Our demos have arrived and should be cranked up shortly.

A Victorian dealer I spoke to about 2 Jan said that he was expecting his first Coopers to be ready for customers in Feb. So the Melbourne drop off must have occurred as well.

It is now important that we learn how BMW/MINI Austrlaia handle any fault issues. It isn't going to be that easy to take it back to the dealer and get a swap without waiting for many months for the next shipload to come in.

By the way, OZ friends, have we the ability to 'reject' a car. My brother has tried that sort of thing in the past with Ford and Nissan and it is really a dealer thing.




Also do we have the Lemon Law that USA/NY have where if your car is off the road for x days within y miles you can get a replacement?

The MINI has landed!


ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT A NEW CAR????


WHAT ABOUT GETTING THE CAR ENJOYING YOUR CAR AND IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG WORRYING ABOUT IT THEN.


RELAX AND ENJOY.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
Basil said:
I really don't want to start thinking of rejecting the car before I've even got the damned thing yet.

Any chance of staying positive as far as the Australian MINI's are concerned ?

Good.......moving on.

Snoopy !!!

Any idea if BMW will have an S at the Brisbane Motor Show ?
Forget that. be as negative as you like. It's understandable after all.......

:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Wedding night nerves. Good luck and ENJOY IT.

With any luck the early beta test cars here should have provided enough info for BMW to have sorted your cars before they were shipped.

:)
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top