MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi brand new to the site so I appreciate there might be loads of articles and stuff in relation to this. Believe me I have already read a lot of them.

But, I’m hoping someone might be able to tell me exactly what the issue is because I’m losing my mind.

first things first. Bought the car 2nd hand in jan. loads of positives. Just had timing chain done, full service history etc etc. Picked it up from London. Drove it back, immediately happy with power and speed. (First timeMCS owner)

about half way back to manchester engine light came on and loss of power accelerating. Next day had a fiddle, changed plugs and figured out one of the coils had gone and fixed. Fun again. Then about 3 weeks later, clutch and flywheel both went. Had them replaced and since theN there is a distinct lack of boost and power.

after reading loads of articles on here I thought it might be carbon build up. So I’ve done a couple of sea foam treatments and had the inlet mani off to have a look. Seemed to clean them up ok. Not as good as wallnut blast but ok.

The issue I’m having is on start up, car has hesitation at idle on cold start. (Could be HPFP. Gunna take it to bmw when their back open as they have said they might replace if it never had recall done.)

but, turbo seems to either hesitate or not engage at all from 2,000 to 3,500 rpm. Really whining at high revs.
Checked pcv hose and that’s fine, although I noticed that there is a exit with no hose on right next to it. is that normal? (on intake side)

just wondering, when I got the car back from the garage that fixed the clutch they forgot to tighten turbo hoses and I drove it back to my house about 4 miles away with No hoses on. Could this have damaged the turbo?

car is 2007 n14 engine. Other than that car runs fine when heated up but struggles on cold start up and intermittent power on boost at any temp.
Any direct guidance or tips would be amazing as I’m at my wits end with it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi brand new to the site so I appreciate there might be loads of articles and stuff in relation to this. Believe me I have already read a lot of them.

But, I’m hoping someone might be able to tell me exactly what the issue is because I’m losing my mind.

first things first. Bought the car 2nd hand in jan. loads of positives. Just had timing chain done, full service history etc etc. Picked it up from London. Drove it back, immediately happy with power and speed. (First timeMCS owner)

about half way back to manchester engine light came on and loss of power accelerating. Next day had a fiddle, changed plugs and figured out one of the coils had gone and fixed. Fun again. Then about 3 weeks later, clutch and flywheel both went. Had them replaced and since theN there is a distinct lack of boost and power.

after reading loads of articles on here I thought it might be carbon build up. So I’ve done a couple of sea foam treatments and had the inlet mani off to have a look. Seemed to clean them up ok. Not as good as wallnut blast but ok.

The issue I’m having is on start up, car has hesitation at idle on cold start. (Could be HPFP. Gunna take it to bmw when their back open as they have said they might replace if it never had recall done.)

but, turbo seems to either hesitate or not engage at all from 2,000 to 3,500 rpm. Really whining at high revs.
Checked pcv hose and that’s fine, although I noticed that there is a exit with no hose on right next to it. is that normal? (on intake side)

just wondering, when I got the car back from the garage that fixed the clutch they forgot to tighten turbo hoses and I drove it back to my house about 4 miles away with No hoses on. Could this have damaged the turbo?

car is 2007 n14 engine. Other than that car runs fine when heated up but struggles on cold start up and intermittent power on boost at any temp.
Any direct guidance or tips would be amazing as I’m at my wits end with it.
Thanks.
just to add, sometimes throws up P0420 code.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts