MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to my dealer today in Kansas City. They say the traveling Mini will be here on February 21! They will be sending out invitations to come to the dealership to see it up close.

Also found out that the Mini will be in the Kansas City Auto Show the first week of March. Not yet sure of the dates.

Can't wait to see one in person. Appears that I will be in the first group to get my mini when they arrive.

My dealer said they will get 25 a month. About 17 will be Coopers and the rest to be S. I'm hoping they have an Indi Blue Cooper with the packages that I want in the first round. Otherwise, I will specify my order and go in the second round.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just E-mailed Baron last night to try to get some info out of them.

Tom

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom

Let us know what you find out. I have been asking them to put together an email list forever so they can fill us in on the details as they know them but to no avail. I asked them when our invitations would be coming out and they said they hadn't started to work on them yet.

This whole deal is still very unorganized, especially since we are now supposedly less than 60 days out for seeing them in the showroom.

·
Registered
339 Posts
They E-mailed me back today, said that the MINI's are due to arrive at the end of March and they will have some on display at the KC autoshow in early March. No mention of Feb.

Tom

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom

What email address do you use? I am having trouble getting through with kcbmw.com.

I will find out more about the February invitation. Yesterday, the sales rep that is handling the mini's at Baron was busy with a customer. His name is Gabe. Another sales guy told me about Feb and the car show.

The dealership is pretty nice if you haven't been there. The mini will supposedly get a very prominent spot inside the building. It will almost be the first thing you see when you walk in according to the guy I talked to yesterday.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Tom. I emailed the site as well as Gabe.

My wife grew up in Peck, Kansas. Not too far from Derby. You will really get the looks driving the mini in your neck of the woods. What number are you on the list?

I was number 21 for an S and 30th overall. Moved to the S so this puts me in the 10 slot or lower.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got this update from Baron BMW in KC.

"We are still finalizing the details for the event you mentioned on the 21st.
All potential MINI owners on our waiting list will receive an invitation.
Not sure if the MINI will be there. We have been told it will be displayed at the KC Auto Show first part of March. You can reach Gabriel at [email protected]."

Might have to wait for the auto show to see it. :cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hello All,

This is my first post so forgive me if I screw this up. I have been on the list with Baron for some time. I have been dealing with Marty Levine. He was the one with the kcbmw.com web site. Which seems to be defunct. Does anyone know if Gabe is handling all of this or are the other salespeople involved. I have not been getting a lot of feedback from Marty.

Thanks for all the posts. The site has been great for getting information and my daily MINI fix.

Stan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts