MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sham's apprentice
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the name Leon Oxley means anything to you then you know which dealer I'm refering to. I have it on authority that this Friday between 12 noon and 2 PM there will be a dealer rep MINI Cooper at the dealership (Silver with Black roof). I'm finally going to see one in the flesh :D

Hope to see some of you there!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Yes, I got word from Leon that the car will be there. The only problen is that I have jury duty this week up in Howard County and I might miss seeing the car! I just have to hope that I'm disqualified for some reason. I'm not sure the judge would understand how important seeing the Mini is to me but I'll give it my best shot.....

JP

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
jpfahrstar said:
Yes, I got word from Leon that the car will be there. The only problen is that I have jury duty this week up in Howard County and I might miss seeing the car! I just have to hope that I'm disqualified for some reason. I'm not sure the judge would understand how important seeing the Mini is to me but I'll give it my best shot.....

JP
John;

This one is simple...tell the judge you can pick a guilty person out just by looking at them. You'll be outta there in about three minutes.

·
Sham's apprentice
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another good ploy to excuse yourself from jury duty is to state either that you always believe the police or that you never believe the police. Of course, serving on a jury is a civic duty (one that I've never even been invited to partake in). But the MINI should be a good excuse ;)

·
Registered
930 Posts
This MINI came to Richmond last Friday!

I noticed the following options:

Park Distance Control
Automatic air conditioning
Black leather
Xenon headlights
Sunroof
16" 5-star wheels

You won't be disappointed :D It's a sweet little car :D :)

·
Sham's apprentice
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
S2000&CooperS said:
This MINI came to Richmond last Friday!

You won't be disappointed :D It's a sweet little car :D :)
Did you get to drive it, or at least get a ride in it? I'm excited about seeing the car in person :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
MINIMiller said:

Did you get to drive it, or at least get a ride in it? I'm excited about seeing the car in person :)
No, unfortunately. I asked for a ride but they said I'd have to wait until around the 18th of March :(. But I did get to start the engine and sit in the car, play with the controls, etc :D

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
All is Well!!! I won't have to sit on a jury for at least another year. My group(and others) have been excused from jury duty for the rest of the week. Now I should have no problem seeing the MINI on Friday. Life is good again....

JP

·
Registered
785 Posts
John, where ya been? You missed it in Towson AND Sterling so far. Don't miss it this time.
Have fun!

·
Sham's apprentice
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Saw the Cooper in NOVA today!!!

Wow. For those of you that have not seen the MINI in the flesh all I can say is that you're in for a great surprise. I don't believe that any photos do this car justice. It looks great from all angles. I didn't even get to start the engine and I still got a great big smile on my face:D :D :D

Can't wait for my first test drive :cool:

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Got to sit in the car today at MINI of Arlington. I had seen the new Mini twice before at last year's New York Auto Show and down at Road Atlanta for the Petit Le Mans but couldn't sit in it either time.
It was great to see the car up close again and finally sit in the drivers seat. It felt pretty good and fir me just fine. There was quite a crowd that gathered to check out the silver with black roof Cooper. I noted that there where quite a few of us older guys there too. Was impressed with the fit and finish but the passenger seat was having some problems with the seat back adjuster. It didn't want to stay up when you leaned back on it.
Leon had 2 very nice old Mini's there too if you really want the original. He's got a couple more on the way from across the pond.
Can't wait for the demonstrators to arrive but I don't think MINI of Arlington will be ready for them in March. They still have to move the Porsche dealership to a neeew location. Time will tell.
JP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts