MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Apologies if this has already been posted about, but I couldn't find anything (for this year)...

Just came across Mini In The Park on TMF, and thought I'd post it here;

MITP 08 - Home - The number 1 events for Mini cars, clubs & organisations

Mainly for classic Minis, but also has a councours for MINIs as well.

I'll be going in Monty (classic), but hoping to see plenty of MINIs there too!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is no-one going to this?

Dave and Adrian at ThinkMINI are taking their race MINI for a drag down the POD on Sunday! Look out for the sparkly top...and big stickers on the side! Haha.

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Historically teh new MINI has been abused, scratched and spat at duing MITP :( A few folks have persevered over the years but not many go due to the childish behaviour :(

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Historically teh new MINI has been abused, scratched and spat at duing MITP :( A few folks have persevered over the years but not many go due to the childish behaviour :(

Well we are bucking the trend. THere are 15 New minis on the MT stand. There are load of minis on the Min Club Uk stand.

If any of that crap goes on with spitting, scratching etc, i think you'll see some modified classic owners if you know what i mean. thats pathetic. MITP is goingto have new minis this year whether they like it or not. And next year there will be even more:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
GP 56 MCK 0774
1,074 Posts
There will be a good few MINIS from dmr at this and i will be one of them
We have got to keep going to these events to make them see sense

·
BMW CC MINI Register
100 Posts
I'm hoping to be there with a few fellow NMC members.

Cheers
Ian

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
Never happened to me last year. I have had some verbal abuse before at other shows, but I tend to just drown them out with loud engine noises or ignore them. Certainly doesnt put me off.

I'll be there this year on the Mini Torque stand until 2:30-ish. then I have to be in front of some other tend somewhere for some judging for something-or-other. :D :rolleyes:

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
i laugh in the face of the small minded loons,
like its it not a real mini if its now all fiberglass and polly filla,
some the cars there will be like triggers broom

·
Crazy lady..
382 Posts
I might pop in on sunday if the weather is ok, Bob is right though, as much as I love the classics and loved taking mine to SP back in the day, I find the attitude towards MINI owners pretty bad and last year was no exception. Not everyone was rude but its the minority who spoil it, MINI is hardly new anymore, these people need to realise that we are not going away and I love the fact that MINI's and mini's are mingling on the stands and track, makes it much more interesting! :D ;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
better not scratch my car, else I'll scratch their face (or my girlfriend will, she has nails :D)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Well i am going to makesure next year there are 50 % new minis, i think if we push it we can get a huge turn out and turn it into a new mini event. Theres clearly more New minis than old if they want to play that game.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome! Well look out for me (driving a classic Monte Carlo), and I'll come and introduce myself to the MINI2 camp.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
i genuinely don;t think there is an us and them as far as new mini owners are concerned it just seems to be mainly from the classic mini owners.

·
Crazy lady..
382 Posts
Last year I convoyed to MITP with my friend in his Paul Smith classic who refers to my R50 as the big sister of the two!!! It's just the tiny minority who are grumpy buggers!! :p

East Coast Mini have got it right, well done guys!! ;) :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will anyone be going past Nottingham / Loughborough on Saturday to go to MITP? Might be good to convoy.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts