MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:
I got a notice that Mini/iPod Adapter available in Ottawa Mini dealer, so I ordered it right away :D; it will install it in next week :) . I don't know does it mean available all across canada ( It should be..). is a good news rite? :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
atropos,

How much did it set you back?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been waited for long time.... since Apple announce that in WWDC in July;

195CAD + tax + half n hour labor fee... The sales told me that the labor fee is around 40 CAD + tax ;)

·
Prince of Eternia
154 Posts
atropos said:
195CAD + tax + half n hour labor fee... The sales told me that the labor fee is around 40 CAD + tax ;)
Holy cr*p! :eek: Does it come with an iPod?!?

M.

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
I'm glad I went with the Alpine iPod adaptor for that price! (excluding the head unit.. of course :rolleyes: )
;)

--
paco

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
Hi motorers!

I've had the Aux cable for more than one year before finally switching to the iPod interface last Friday...

The installation was very easy with the MINI official instructions... I began to install it without the instructions and I didn't got far in the process before I finally gave my dealer a call to get those instructions. There are wires that need to be re-routed from radio wire plug to the iPod interface modul.

There is a huge improvement in both sound quality and use of the iPod. I have the MFSW and it is great! I didn't try the playlists function yet but it will only add to the pleasure of use!

I paid 198.50$ for the iPod interface and got it installed at a local shop. It took us 1.5 hour to install it but we lost a lot of time talking and fixing minor other things (remove Aux cable and old iPod setup, re-calibrate Boomerang). Installation was 40.00$...

So, for under 300.00$ (incl. taxes and installation), it is a very good upgrade from the Aux cable.

The only downside of it is that it doesn't display song tags on the radio display but I can live with that! I always plug my iPod in his dock when I get home. Then, when I have 5 minutes free, I quickly look at which songs played lately and I update the infos on those if needed...

BTW, I will re-install my Aux. cable soon because I paid for it and it is still great to plus a portable DVD player or a laptop...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Again:
yea~ I did it yesterday, it took 1.5 hours installation; So I have to pay 132 CAD for laber fee.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16 Posts
What type of iPod are you using?

I've had this installed before Christmas and have had great success with my girlfriend's iPod Mini (the sound quality is amazing) but very little success with my iPod Photo. The Photo will only synchonise one or two times out of ten. Has anyone else had any problems with this? Any tips?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts