MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i tried on numerous occasions to search to see if anyone has installed the new ipod adapter that BMW offerers for the mini also seeking instructions on how to do it your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am taggint along to this one as well. Ordered mine from Classic Mini and it should be arriving shortly. (and the car should arrive within 2 weeks)

·
Registered
4 Posts
ipod Interface for MINI

Hi,

I just picked up my MINI yesterday and purchased the ipod interface. I too need to find fitting instructions to fit myself. There is a label on the box which reads "this retrofit kit does not contain any installation instructions: see EPC-CD or Aftersales Assistance Portal (ASAP) - Print out the installation instructions and give them to the customer."
The dealer could not access the site yesterday and is meant to post them to me. If I get them I will post and report.

Regards,

PaulB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The adapter was $150 yes it is controled by the mfsw and head unit while the ipod is pluged in it will charge the battery

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
Does the Ipod Screen go Blank?
If so how do you know whats songs you are choosing
I also heard that you have to make Playlists up.
Is that Correct?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is anyone else having a problem opening those installation instruction files? I get a message that they have a 'PHP' extension rather than 'PDF'...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The screen has a BMW logo on it and yes you have to make play list from 1 though 5 the 6 play list is all songs on you I pod you have to label the play list exactly like this MINI1 to MINI5 unfortunately you will not see that song is playing from the head unit jest track number

·
Registered
646 Posts
jpeter1093 said:
Is anyone else having a problem opening those installation instruction files? I get a message that they have a 'PHP' extension rather than 'PDF'...
No problems. Worked just fine for me. (I have a PC and updated Acrobat.) Try downloading to your computer and then opening.

Re: the playlists - on the iPod site, at least for the BMW adapter, you could put together a BMW playlist. Don't know if that is required for this one though.

Will be interested to see what people's experience is with the adapter. Please let us know how it works, and how well it works.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Another Happy Owner
204 Posts
going to head over to the dealer this week.

they want about 1.5 hours to install it!
so cost: ipod adapter $150
dealer installation: $225 (1.5 hours x $150 /hr)

$375 total for this cool toy!
im going to try to do it myself.

plus tax...

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have installed the iPod adapter in my MINI. So far it has been a GREAT improvement over using the aux input. I set up the playlists by genre with about 300-500 songs in each. I thought the installation was easy. It took about one hour. The install is not recommended for those who are not comfortable removing their stereo or have not had no experience with electrical connectors.

PROS:
The biggest advantage-->I never have to touch the iPod. You turn on your radio, change the mode, and your iPod goes into play. You change modes or turn off your MINI and the iPod pauses and goes into a charge mode.
I can access the music I want to listen quicker.

CONS:
The head unit only displays playlist - track number (ex. CD 2 - 52).
You need to turn on random play (RND) everytime you change to iPod mode.
In RND the track numbers are still sequencial (52, 53, 54...)

·
Registered
4 Posts
IPOD adapter installation

Does anyone have a copy of the instructions they can email or post? I have the adapter cable kit but do not know what is to connect where.

Thanks.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Unit has been available in the UK for some months, i was shown it by my local dealers service Dept when in for another "find the rattle please" session!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.