MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this topic is rife but no searches have come up trumps with an answer.
I have a UK 2002 Cooper with a cassette tape Boost Head Unit and CD prep and a 6 disc changer in the boot and also a MFSW.

Can i install an Aux cable ? and what cables do i need to link it to the Mini Ipod ?
If so what is the part number for the aux cable and how much ?

Any links/pics would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance :D

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Your stereo will be to early for aux facility
You can remove the cd changer & fit an ice link
or take a look at my aux interface2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Mikey, Is there any other way of connecting it without the stand ? i want to keep the changer and want to be able to charge the Ipod too.
Should i wait for the offical BMW cable connection thing ?

·
All Shiney :)
163 Posts
Personally i dont like em ! i had an itrip (same thing) and i found the quality to be [email protected], i originally bought it for my elise and hardly worked at all (ok so the panels were plastic) but i also tried it in my wifes mini one and it was pants,so i sold it on ebay for more than i paid for it!

if you can try one first before you buy! i think quite a few people on ere use them and happy,but as i say my experience with them was poor.

Andy..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just like the idea of doing no wiring whatsoever (lazt that way) also it somes with a charger. But if reviews are not great then i might not bother

·
can i go home yet
2,568 Posts
Hi
Has the same issues you did - in the end I went with an IceLink from Mikeythemini and I am very happy with it

Unfortunately your HU is too old for the aux

·
`02 MC BRG/W 5-speed
53 Posts
I just purchased an iRock fm transmitter and i must say that for $29.99 it sure does suit my purposes. Especially since i have an 02 MC and cannot get the Aux port and don't have an I POD so the lce link won't work for me either. The only downfall has been not being able to control the Nomad from the MFSW. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts