MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this topic is rife but no searches have come up trumps with an answer.
I have a UK 2002 Cooper with a cassette tape Boost Head Unit and CD prep and a 6 disc changer in the boot and also a MFSW.

Can i install an Aux cable ? and what cables do i need to link it to the Mini Ipod ?
If so what is the part number for the aux cable and how much ?

Any links/pics would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance :D

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Your stereo will be to early for aux facility
You can remove the cd changer & fit an ice link
or take a look at my aux interface2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Mikey, Is there any other way of connecting it without the stand ? i want to keep the changer and want to be able to charge the Ipod too.
Should i wait for the offical BMW cable connection thing ?

·
All Shiney :)
163 Posts
Personally i dont like em ! i had an itrip (same thing) and i found the quality to be [email protected], i originally bought it for my elise and hardly worked at all (ok so the panels were plastic) but i also tried it in my wifes mini one and it was pants,so i sold it on ebay for more than i paid for it!

if you can try one first before you buy! i think quite a few people on ere use them and happy,but as i say my experience with them was poor.

Andy..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just like the idea of doing no wiring whatsoever (lazt that way) also it somes with a charger. But if reviews are not great then i might not bother

·
can i go home yet
2,568 Posts
Hi
Has the same issues you did - in the end I went with an IceLink from Mikeythemini and I am very happy with it

Unfortunately your HU is too old for the aux

·
`02 MC BRG/W 5-speed
53 Posts
I just purchased an iRock fm transmitter and i must say that for $29.99 it sure does suit my purposes. Especially since i have an 02 MC and cannot get the Aux port and don't have an I POD so the lce link won't work for me either. The only downfall has been not being able to control the Nomad from the MFSW. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
R7 ETH
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing