MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Painted and styled much like the JCW Countryman we saw in Geneva, MINI has announced its John Cooper Works GP today.

As the fastest MINI ever built, the JCW GP will go on sale later this year in a run limited to 2,000 units worldwide. This is the second time the company has offered such a car, but this version is by far better than the last, lapping the Nurburgring a whole 19 seconds faster for a brand-best time of eight minutes and 23 seconds.

To give that number some context, it’s faster than a BMW 335i Coupe (8:26) or the BMW E36 M3 (8:22), showing just how potent a package the new MINI JCW GP is.

Final performance figures aren’t available yet, but the company says they will easily best the previous 214-hp that the MINI Cooper S with a full John Cooper Works package had on tap.

What we do know is that the new JCW GP comes with a full body aero kit including a front lip, side skirts, rear diffuser and a carbon fiber rear spoiler. It also gets an exclusive powertrain, new brakes and a special chassis meant for track handling, which is complimented by the bespoke sport tires meant for increasing grip during performance driving.

Expect more details on the limited edition MINI JCW GP in the near future as its release approaches.
See all the photos of the MINI JCW GP at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
54 Posts
They could have at least upgraded the wheels to something more aggressive.

·
MINI fanatic
157 Posts
It would look better without the GP stickers all over it

·
Registered
128 Posts
What better way to diminish the value and exclusivity of the GP than to release another one.

Have to say, I don't like this much at all. I could just be the terrible HDR style photography but it really doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the 1st generation version.... although that rear diffuser is very nice.

Limited run special editions are great, but you need to find a new path with each one to keep it feeling special.

I'd like to see MINI really step their game up with this now - do an RS edition - give it 250ps and stick the AWD system in it - that'll make things interesting.

Robert

·
Registered
40 Posts
It doesn't matter what we think......they will all be sold within a few days of release!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now reading the article it appears the Ring time was 8.23 ? some 19 seconds quicker than the old GP so think the heading for this thread needs changing lol
Still a little disappointing when the Megane RS managed 8.08
Looks nice to me though, be interesting to see if we can get one here in New Zealand

·
MINI's are BANG TIDY
397 Posts
It just looks a bit halfords and ripspeed to me. I'm sure it's a blast to drive but would be better if it was a little more subtle.

The first gen GP was just right without looking chavvy.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
It just looks a bit halfords and ripspeed to me. I'm sure it's a blast to drive but would be better if it was a little more subtle.

The first gen GP was just right without looking chavvy.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I suppose they could make it look like a MINI FIRST with the plastic wheel trims, now that would be a real Q car, and take a few by surprise :biggrin:

·
Registered
22 Posts
See all the photos of the at AutoGuide.com
Hello everyone,,
I don't like this much at all. I could just be the terrible HDR style photography but it really doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the 1st mobdro lucky patcher kodi generation version.... although that rear diffuser is very nice.

Limited run special editions are great, but you need to find a new path with each one to keep it feeling special.

I'd like to see MINI really step their game up with this now - do an RS edition - give it 250ps and stick the AWD system in it - that'll make things interesting....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts