MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mini Startup logo not coming on when I turn ignition. Anyone else had this?
Thanks
Vron

·
Total MINI dot com!!
50,323 Posts
Yes, mine has been like it for a while now, booked in for Friday to have a new control box fitted to the Sat Nav and a new Stereo head unit.

Other side effects are that the battery will go flat if the car is left for about 6 days without use, the stereo sometimes (well all the time for me now) will have no sound.

You could try a hard reset before going to your dealer. This can be done by disconnecting you battery for about 5 minutes, if this doesn't work then its a dealer visit I am affraid:(

·
See you in my rear view!!
901 Posts
Yeah, search for threads with relating to sat nav and cold weather! But a trip to the dealer for better software I think!!

Jones! :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
The missing MINI logo is a very common problem. The easiest cure is to disconnect the battery from both terminal wires and touch the two wires together for about 30 seconds. This resets the sat. nav. display and your logo is back.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Mine has done this a couple of times too... What hurrens said - Disconnecting the battery and touching the two leads together will fix this. :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well - got my car back yesterday after having the "noise" fixed which I am told was a faulty oil valve. Nothing to do with the JCW kit being fitted by them (I bet it wasn't).

Anyway, they told me they had fixed the Mini Logo not coming on. So I turn the ignition infront of the service guy and lo and behold it is no different. They are telling me they have reprogrammed the sat nav - but none of my Addresses had gone so I don't reckon they did anything. The upshot is it is having a new Sat nav box under the seat. So another trip to the dealers. This after them having the car for 2 days already :mad:

·
Total MINI dot com!!
50,323 Posts
I had to have a new control box and the firm ware updated (doesn't erase address;))

all well so far:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Rakey
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing