MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of any Mini owners meeting in or around London?
I have looked but all the meets and gatherings seem to be quite far.
Any help would be much appretiated.
Regards,

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
It is very difficult to meet up with other MINIs in London - where the hell do you park???!!!

However, from time to time, MINI2ers meet up in London for drinks and socials. There is a "London Drinking Sessions" thread in this forum, and some of us met up on Friday last week :)

There are the Kent/Essex runs and socials, and South Coast New MINIs (SCNM) meets are not really that far. Mind you, I have been known to drive a very long distance for a 2h meet :D

If you cannot find anything in here that suits you, then don't be shy and start your own event :)

DK ;) :apple:

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
dcfkan said:
It is very difficult to meet up with other MINIs in London - where the hell do you park???!!!

However, from time to time, MINI2ers meet up in London for drinks and socials. There is a "London Drinking Sessions" thread in this forum, and some of us met up on Friday last week :)

There are the Kent/Essex runs and socials, and South Coast New MINIs (SCNM) meets are not really that far. Mind you, I have been known to drive a very long distance for a 2h meet :D

If you cannot find anything in here that suits you, then don't be shy and start your own event :)

Yes I have been reading all the posts for runs, meets etc!!
Just wondered if there were ever any sort of Sunday morning type things....at Regents Park or somewhere...local if you know what I mean or ever further north....anywhere actually. Was sort of thinking of entertaining my son if you know what I mean :D
Not to entertain me of course....;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi everyone,

Many thanks for all your advice.
Yeah lots of Minis in London, but really there seems to be a lack of meets.
Was thinking perhaps we could get a few people to meet at a central location on a Saturday or Sunday (avoid congestion charge and traffic) and could do some sort of London run (Italian Job like) finishing somewhere we could park and have a few drinks.
If there a few of us up for it I think it is just a matter of getting it organized.
Let me know if you're interested. Either reply on this thread or perhaps e mail me on [email protected]. in the meantime peace and love to everyone. :D

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
I helped to organise "London Bridges Run" back in Jul 2004, and to be honest, it was a nightmare as soon as we pulled out of the car park. It was difficult to maintain a convoy of 2/3 cars, let alone more!

It was the least enjoyable run to mind, and to be honest, I would probably not entertain the idea of a run in Central London except for 25 Dec and 01 Jan, honest!!! :)

BTW, Max and I talked about a run around Central London on 01 Jan this morning :D

The streets will be dead quiet, and we can have a poser run, starting at Russell Square and cover the sites and streets such as Bond, Oxford, Park Lane, do ring a ring a roses at Hyde Park Corner etc... :D

Just an idea at this stage, but watch this space, as it is likely to happen as it is something I have always wanted to do :D

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
dcfkan said:
I helped to organise "London Bridges Run" back in Jul 2004, and to be honest, it was a nightmare as soon as we pulled out of the car park. It was difficult to maintain a convoy of 2/3 cars, let alone more!

It was the least enjoyable run to mind, and to be honest, I would probably not entertain the idea of a run in Central London except for 25 Dec and 01 Jan, honest!!! :)

BTW, Max and I talked about a run around Central London on 01 Jan this morning :D

The streets will be dead quiet, and we can have a poser run, starting at Russell Square and cover the sites and streets such as Bond, Oxford, Park Lane, do ring a ring a roses at Hyde Park Corner etc... :D

Just an idea at this stage, but watch this space, as it is likely to happen as it is something I have always wanted to do :D

Sounds interesting.....will keep 'em peeled for this then!! :D

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Ok, gave it more thoughts last night, and decided on Boxing Day 26 Dec 2004 :)

The roads will still be quiet as people would not normally come back into the city until after 26 Dec.

TopMini,

I hope I am not stealing your thunder by organising a Boxing Day Run in Central London. I'll reserve a place for you ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.