MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1003 Posts

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Somebody had bought all the CR S's, bummer. Pretty cool though. Picked them up at Target so I went to the other local Target and they don't even had them at all!! Guess I'll be lurking around waiting . :)

Hope this doesn't end up multiple posts. I've done it twice already and the thread never showed up.

Attachments

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Johny Lightning seems to be a good brand of model. I have the car that's a scale model of JustAmy's Healey.

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
OBEHAVE, I got the red MCS and white one from Toys R Us. I played hhell to find the blue one. I went to several toy stores with in a 150 mile radius with no luck. I finally went to the Johnny Lightining web site and they have a list of stores you can order them from. I found the Indy blue and bought it rite away. They are going fast!! I went back a couple days latter and they were out of the red and blue they just had the white left.
Good luck In finding what you are looking for. Hows the wife and kids?
Tavis1 :red:

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
UCSDxBOi, I live in Bakersfeild but I went to Lancaster, castaic, apple vally, victorvill, hisperia, ridgeccrest, tehachapi, The only one I found other than the ones I bought were at the Toys R Us in victor vill a red and white. You might try LA. They do look very nice- very detailed. I about drove my wife nuts trying to hunt down the blue. I found it on Collectorsnetusa.net but, when I went back to check my order they only had the white left. Visit www.johnnylightning.com and they have a list of places to order from. They are going fast and I hope you can find them- I tell you what, I will check the toys r us here again if they have them I will buy them up and see about getting them to you.

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tavis1 said:
OBEHAVE, I got the red MCS and white one from Toys R Us. I played hhell to find the blue one. I went to several toy stores with in a 150 mile radius with no luck. I finally went to the Johnny Lightining web site and they have a list of stores you can order them from. I found the Indy blue and bought it rite away. They are going fast!! I went back a couple days latter and they were out of the red and blue they just had the white left.
Good luck In finding what you are looking for. Hows the wife and kids?
I hit both Targets and both Toys Us's yesterday. T A U didn't even have them. May be they're just coming in.

The wife and daughter are much better but the wife will have PT for quite a while :( Thank you much for asking.

Good hunting.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
Argh... I spent all afternoon hitting all my local target and K-Marts and they're all out... I managed to find ONE... and when i say one i mean ONE... there was one white one left and that was it... last one in the store behind all the other cars.. someone must have hid it... but ya... so sad... no blue nor red...

Hey travis u manage to snatch any extras? are u going to Long Beach MINIs Poker Rally?

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
there's an ad in the latest mini magazine - corgi are doing a set at 1:36 scale for £30 plus £3 delivery. you can get the originals as well

·
Lovin my iPod
1,935 Posts
Any chance we could have a couple of photos of these American models? Anyone know if thery're going to be available in the UK? Does one of you American guys fancy doing a deal?
G :silver:

·
S Xpress
192 Posts
The Corgi set looks flawed...

The Red car should be an S!

The cheapskates have just used the same Cooper model for all three!! :(

·
S Xpress
192 Posts
No Italian Job cars..BUT

Looked at local TRUs and Wal Mart yesterday with no luck :(

BUT...I did find these MINI RC MCS toys in TRUs :)

Fantastic accurate model, and it's RC too!

You can swap the body shells, and they had Chili Red, Dark Silver and Electric Blue in stock.

Just painted the wheels white to match my actual car, and it now has pride of place on my desk.

Wooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo! :) :)

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
UCSDxBOi. The toys r us didn't have them, sorry. As far as toy stores toy r us seems to be the place to have them. Kmart, Target and K bees didn't have them or have a clue on what I was talking about. The two I purchased were from T R U and the two others I found wich I all ready had was at a T R U in victorvill. The blue I ended up ordering. Johnny Lighting are a lot like MINI. I have been collecting them for years. They shoot a bunch out there in limited numbers and once there gone there gone. I wish there was more I can do to help your hunt for the"unicorn". Yes, me and the miss's is going to the rally. I would like to meet all of you so I can put faces with names. So far I've been talking to Brave1 and Jimskater. Good luck and I will still keep my eyes peeled.

1 - 20 of 1003 Posts