MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dark Silver/White
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if (or when) MINI convertible models/miniatures will be available and what cost. I have tried looking on the 'official' MINI store, but nothing for the convertible.

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Convertible Miniatures

Carolynn

These are definitley being made - I have seen examples in 2 sizes being sold on eBay. And they look like they have exactly the same packaging as the other official mini miniatures.

If you are searching on eBay, try BMW MINI Cabriolet as well as Convertible, and ensure you also look for items available to the UK - the ones I saw were being sold in Germany...

Good luck!

Ian

·
Dark Silver/White
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply dalboyne. I have seen a few on ebay and was wondering if a) they are the genuine official article (suspicious by nature :D ), b) if so, were they asking over inflated prices and c) I could just wait till they are for sale more widespread, but don't want to wait months - I am very impatient and have wanted one since i got the full size version :rolleyes:

·
Convertible -here at last
134 Posts
Hello Carolynn
We bought a Mini Convertible from the factory during a tour. Dealers hould have them. I think the only colours are yellow, silver or red.
It is tiny - only 4cms long (1.5") and cost £9.99 I think.
G

·
Convertible -here at last
134 Posts
I bought a Maisto 1:36 model hatchback on a market for £2.50; chopped the top off and made an "open" canvas hood from carpet tape. Looks OK!
Sad or what.
G

·
Dark Silver/White
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
G&G, thats not sad at all.

My boyfriends dad knows I have been looking for ages so when he went to the States he had a look there for me, but no joy. Instead he bough me a little 'dinky' type mini, opened the packaging acrefully, took the roof off with a hacksaw, and re packaged it.

Definately 10/10 for effort :D

·
Jay
737 Posts
LOL funny your talkin about this!! I was in the MINI showroom today, asked them to order me in a Hot Orange Mini Convertible about: ______________ That long, I had one before but sold it on eBay. Im picking it up next week. I try to go in the showroom alot, become their friend and when Im old enough to buy a real Mini, save some money!!!

·
Jay
737 Posts
OMG thats so nice, even though there are 3 parking sensors on the right and 2 on the left!! The back looks a bit flat too BUT, its really really cute, I might have to buy one :D

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Little word of warning!

I've been in touch with them and:

1. Red is only colour at the moment

2. Shipping from the USA is a hefty $27!!!!

I've asked if they can tell me the manufacturer - may be some way to get a shipment to Europe, and some other colours....

·
Jay
737 Posts
The manufacturer is Hotwheels, Tescos usually has the Hotwheels 1:18 Minis in the UK...

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
MiniCooper said:
OMG thats so nice, even though there are 3 parking sensors on the right and 2 on the left!! The back looks a bit flat too BUT, its really really cute, I might have to buy one :D
I think there trying to show the cap to cover the hole for the towing eye. Still looks good though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts