MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know at the moment that the US market will most likely not be getting an MD option(I am looking into it though) But my question for all of those who have the MD upgrade is, is it an MDLP player?
If not then I cant even use it with most of my mixes. Thanks

Daniel

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
The short answer is NO.
It does not play LPMD. This has been covered in other threads, try doing a search.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks and sorry about the thread name, Freudean(sp) slip I guess:(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: MINI Minidick player question....?

Or maybe a freudian slit ??

Seems to be an ongoing knob obsession on this site. You would think with these brilliant cars we wouldn't be distracted.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
CSDan said:
Thanks and sorry about the thread name, Freudean(sp) slip I guess:(
If you really do have a minidick, shouldn't you be driving a Viper to compensate?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahahahahaha-ouch:(

·
Registered
350 Posts
Who would we blame if we didn't have poor old Sigmund? :D

I am quite disappointed about we Yanks not being able to get a MINIdisk players. I have a lot of MDs, they are a lot better than either cassette tapes or CDs. And have you seen Baldie's pics of the MD storage rack that fits into the glove shelf, that we will also NOT be getting? A very handy and functional set-up. Too bad for us; but at least we get an air-conditioned glove box to make up for it.:mad:

I am not a believer in the concealment-as-deterrent idea. I think the more you have concealed, the more likely you are to be broken into on speculation. That's why the glove shelf is better break-in protection than the glove box. 'Course, a hardened steel strongbox under the back seat would be handy too, for the diamonds, gold, and passport that I always keep in my car!

Another thing I'd like, which I've never seen in any car, is an input jack. People get these kludgy adapter thingies to let them play CDs thru a cassette player. But with a real jack, you could plug in your own MD, cassette player (for your old treasures), talking PDA, cell phone...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clutch,
Well, the storng box idea is a fine one, But I have a pair of Pee-Wee herman type platforms with little compartments for my jewlery and Gold.:D

As for the MD players I guess I will be buying aftermarket:( due to the fact that the MINI ones dont come with the Long play feture(which I love). And dont some aftermarket decks come with line ins? I know you mean form the factory, but they would never do that beacuse they'd rather you buy the CD and tape deck from them.

Dan

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Well, according to the miniusa.com "build your own" feature, seems like US bound MINIs will not be getting the MD option. Looks like aftermarket is the way to go. I guess it's too early in this stage to ask, but does anyone know if an aftermarket MD deck works with the H/K sound option?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bumping this old thread. Any US Mini owners with successful Minidisc installations? I am very interested. Particularly if there is an MD head unit that works with the H/K upgrade and/or the steering-wheel controls???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts