MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A fun time just hanging with fellow MINIacs. Plus Mocha has some killer pastries.

1st & 3rd Mondays of the month (weather permitting - check last posts for changes)
7:00 pm till closing (9:00pm winter months)
at

Mocha
3 Glen Road
Sandy Hook, CT (part of Newtown)
(203) 364-9200

Directions:
From I84 take Exit 10 in Newtown. At the signal turn towards Sandy Hook (signs say, but it's a right if you were traveling eastbound, it's a left if you were traveling westbound) and go down the hill into Sandy Hook Center. At the signal, turn left. On the corner there is the old red brick general store and the parking lot for Mocha is immediately after that on the left.

There is a sign out at the road, but the place is set back. The lot is small, so if full, continue on Glen Rd. past the bluish victorian looking house next door and pull into the newly paved lot just past that. It is nicely lit and there is a path along the bank of the river which you can take.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cancelled due to very bad weather

I hear the roads are nasty nasty nasty out there, so no mocha tonight (unless you make your own at home :) ).

Let's hope for better weather in 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
I ft the pootatuck us that river the old man damned to make a pond for the ducks there on the farm, i would discourage you, ed. Pretty shallow going...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and Maxamini, you'll have a long paddle UPstream, cause Ice is at the other end of town.

but I think there may be extremely impromptu MINI meets at Mocha on other days and evenings (when I feel like going), so check here every now and then.

Or if someone else feels like going (and I see their post) I'll join ya.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cancelled yet again

I was just out there on the roads. Ain't goin out again. :(

Maybe next month? Maybe next Spring?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Updated!

We had a couple of nice nights (well, weather wasn't nice since it was January - but the people were) and let's hope that February cooperates. So far the long range forecast is just for cloudy, so that's good.

Let's fill the lot again!

·
heh...lame
2,422 Posts
Move it to somewhere closer to MA and I will go. :)

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Moca's right down the street! You must be joking! Bwroofchex joins us for bowling. What'scloser than that????!!!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Guess I'll just have to force myself to take my newly zainoed mini out in the snow tonight - see whoever there!

·
Registered
922 Posts
shijinmini said:
and Maxamini, you'll have a long paddle UPstream, cause Ice is at the other end of town.
The Pootatuck actually flows north from Monroe (you can see the big lily pond made by the beavers at the Monroe end of Huntingtown Road) through Sticks and Stones Farm, sort of following 25, through that weird Resurrection Cemetary, across 25and up to Sandy Hook to eventually dump into the Housatonic. But John's right, it is pretty shallow in many spots. It would be doable with some portagopolization.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts