MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if I was interested in a Cooper instead of an S. They have 35 Coopers in transit to the dealership. Told him it was tempting but I'd hold out for my S. They will have an S demo delivered at about the same time. Brig (my rep) suggested I call on the 23rd or 24th of March to schedule my test drive in their S demo! Oh man, this is gonna be good:D
Brig says S production begins June 1, hopefully can fully spec and officially order S a month or so prior.:)
He says the MINI training in California was great and the hot lap in the S was awesome.
It's been a heck of a long wait, but these next few months will probably really drag slowly, but there's light at the end of the MINI tunnel:p

·
Registered
930 Posts
Cool!! Do they know the options and colors for the pre-spec'd Coopers yet??? I'm waiting for that call........

·
puckstopper
4,260 Posts
Cape Cod MINI said:
Brig says S production begins June 1, hopefully can fully spec and officially order S a month or so prior.
It would be nice if MINI would actually say something (officially and in public) to put all the speculation to rest. This link is to a thread by someone in Canada who will be getting an April-build/May-delivery pre-spec S. I'm not doubting either him or you, but you gotta admit there doesn't seem to be much congruence between what various dealers are saying...

-Ricardo

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks Cape Cod MINI...

...for holding out for an "S"!:)

Now I'm one spot higher on MINI of Peabody's list for a Cooper!:)

If only a hundred and twenty-five or so others would do the same!:D

David Scott

·
Registered
66 Posts
Cap Cod...I'm on Peabody's list for an S. . .way up on the list. ~175. :( So I was curious if you had a round figure of your standing on the list. Trying to guage my wait. Truefully, I don't mind the wait, and financially I welcome it.
Have you talked about financing with Brig? What sort of plans are they offering at Peabody.

·
Registered
51 Posts
JBean...

...Martin Hansberry @ MINI of Peabody had told me (back in January) that I was "approximately #175" on their list (for a Cooper) as well. And when I placed a second deposit (this time for a Cooper S) in February, I was given the same # (175).

I'm pretty sure there was only one combined Cooper & Cooper S list at the time. It sounds to me like they're now trying to split a single list into two.

As per my above post (same thread), I assume if 125 or so people do what Cape Cod MINI has done (hold out for an "S"); I'd be taking delivery of my Cooper in April!:)

David Scott

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Thanks Cape Cod MINI...

David Scott said:
...for holding out for an "S"!:)

Now I'm one spot higher on MINI of Peabody's list for a Cooper!:)

If only a hundred and twenty-five or so others would do the same!:D

David Scott
Dave,
No problem! It'll give me more pleasure as I scream by you in my S, fire-walling the throttle and testing the power band in 5th gear!:D Let's just hope I'm not so buried in the S list that I don't get my car this year

JBean,
No, I didn't ask about their financing options. I would assume they have a number of institutions they deal with. I've found that AAA often has really good rates, but they are a pain in the a** to deal with. If the dealers are honest about the financing I've found the rates can be comparable. They like financing too, because thay make $$ from it. When I bought a new 4wd pickup with cash a while back the dealer was p*ssed because he made no $$ on the financing.
I didn't ask about pre-specs colors, options, etc. I would imagine the pics we've seen of cars being unloaded are good indications.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts