MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lady friend is looking to order her MCS soon, and the closest dealer to us here in Morgantown, WV is the Mini of Pittsburgh dealership. How good are they about ordering cars at MSRP? She is definitly going to order it, because there don't seem to be many Pepper White 6MT's just sitting on the lot. The cars we saw on the lot also had packages that she wasn't interested in driving the price up. How is the service there for warrenty work and such? Any input about Mini of Pitts is greatly appreciated.

(I searched but found no solid info on Mini of Pitts. I did find one instance of them denying to warrenty a window issue, though.)

~~Quentin

·
Registered
43 Posts
quentinberg007:

Check my dealer review on northamericanmotoring.com. I think you will have to register in order to look up dealer reviews.

The dealership was good about MSRP only, one thing is that they tried to make me purchase a dealer accessory package which after talking to my salesman (Rhett) was waived. Overall the buying experience was good EXCEPT dealing with the sales manager (Bill Schmidt).

This guy turned out to be a real low life. Problem was that my car was delivered with a cut in the drivers leather seat cushion, which I pointed out to their delivery guy (I had them ship the car to me in VA). I was being reasonable and wanted them to replace the seat cushion part of the seat. He wanted to get it patched, I said no. I explained to him that if the cut was anywhere else on the seat patching it would be fine. However, the seat cushion is what is going to receive the most wear and tear and my prior experience with patching means it is not going to hold up. He eventually told me that he cannot make a claim against MINIUSA for the damaged seat cushion because he had signed for the car and that is why he did not want to replace the seat cushion because he would have to pay for it. About 10 days went by were I could not further put up with his duplicity and lies. I got MINIUSA involved and even the MA told me she found him "to be very resistive and was going to open a case against them".

In the end I went to Traci Foster (GM) and after a 5minute phone conversation we decided that I would pay them the cost of the car minus the cost of having my local dealership replace the damaged seat cushion ($912). When it comes to stepping up to the plate all you will see of Bill Schimdt is a trail of dust. Take him out of the picture and its a good dealership to buy from. Hope this helps. If you end up buying from them check the car completely before accepting delivery.

PS. If you look at the dealer reviews northamericanmotoring.com and see a few reviews that say Bill is a great guy to deal with, keep in mind they did not appear until after I wrote up my experience.

napster

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I have a much better idea of how to deal with this dealership now. The link to the dealership review site is nice as well.

~~Quentin

·
Alpinamike
96 Posts
They were good with me.

But I have not taking my car yet! Rhett is no longer their, Casandra is good and so is George, he good at the questions. They are small but you can get your ordered MIN much faster than anyone else. Plus since they are small they remember you very easily! Allen the finance Guy helps allot! But talk to Casandra. MINI of Pittsburgh, the best BMW dealership, i have delt with a 4 BMW dealers, parts, etc.....
Alpinamike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, finally, Amanda is ordering her MCS on Monday. She passed her nursing boards 3 weeks ago and has finally gotten a chance to go order the car. She's spoke with a salesman, and it isn't Schmitt. I don't recall the name she said, but it wasn't any that were mentioned on this thread. Anyways, she is getting Pepper White, 6MT, bonnet stripes, panaramic sunroof, driving lights, fog lights, and the stereo auxillary input. I don't get to go with her because I have a mechatronics lab that I have to attend, but I'm excited she is finally getting to order it. The salesman that she spoke with last week said it should be a mid April delivery.

~~Quentin

·
Alpinamike
96 Posts
woohoo.

I am saving up for my wind-screen, for my convertible.
I talled to Bill and told him someone was comming in!
Tell her thanks and i can help her out with tracking!
Thats the fun part :D :D
-thanks alpinamike

·
DjK
70 Posts
quentinberg007 said:
So, finally, Amanda is ordering her MCS on Monday. She passed her nursing boards 3 weeks ago and has finally gotten a chance to go order the car. She's spoke with a salesman, and it isn't Schmitt. I don't recall the name she said, but it wasn't any that were mentioned on this thread. Anyways, she is getting Pepper White, 6MT, bonnet stripes, panaramic sunroof, driving lights, fog lights, and the stereo auxillary input. I don't get to go with her because I have a mechatronics lab that I have to attend, but I'm excited she is finally getting to order it. The salesman that she spoke with last week said it should be a mid April delivery.

~~Quentin
Sorry I just found this thread, I do a Pittsburgh Search every few months. I ordered mine from MINI of Pittsburgh. I dealt with Rhett, and I was sad to hear him go. Bill Schmitt is just the guy in charge. I got my MINI back in April. But, they called me, told me it was there, so I got a ride up, and there were no stripes on it, and the wheels where silver not white like I specified. They rushed the stripes on, as it was 10 minutes to closing time, and I decided the silver wheels were OK because white would be hard to keep clean, (although look sharp when not dirty). They didnt put in my Audio Jack either, so I had to bring it back the next week. It was just like they were swamped so I felt bad, but I read in some MINI thing that on a check list, if you get it delievered they put chocholate on your seat, give you the CD they email you to ask you which free cd you want from a list. I was lucky to get the car the day they told me it was in. Would have been nice if they had done everything before telling me the car was ready.

I had a disagreement with Bill at one point, and I remember him getting all wiggy on me. So good luck, but I had my MINI in 6 weeks. I just ordered some chrome bits for inside my car.

P.S. I also got in to the Pittsburgh MINI club when i got the car, but I never have done anything, its all Family Oriented. Blah. And if your from PGH Quentin you should get a www.mini2.com sticker too, so I'm not hte only one in Pittsburgh with one, mine is on the back window behind the driver seat.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
djpk1978 said:
Sorry I just found this thread, I do a Pittsburgh Search every few months. I ordered mine from MINI of Pittsburgh. I dealt with Rhett, and I was sad to hear him go. Bill Schmitt is just the guy in charge. I got my MINI back in April. But, they called me, told me it was there, so I got a ride up, and there were no stripes on it, and the wheels where silver not white like I specified. They rushed the stripes on, as it was 10 minutes to closing time, and I decided the silver wheels were OK because white would be hard to keep clean, (although look sharp when not dirty). They didnt put in my Audio Jack either, so I had to bring it back the next week. It was just like they were swamped so I felt bad, but I read in some MINI thing that on a check list, if you get it delievered they put chocholate on your seat, give you the CD they email you to ask you which free cd you want from a list. I was lucky to get the car the day they told me it was in. Would have been nice if they had done everything before telling me the car was ready.

I had a disagreement with Bill at one point, and I remember him getting all wiggy on me. So good luck, but I had my MINI in 6 weeks. I just ordered some chrome bits for inside my car.

P.S. I also got in to the Pittsburgh MINI club when i got the car, but I never have done anything, its all Family Oriented. Blah. And if your from PGH Quentin you should get a www.mini2.com sticker too, so I'm not hte only one in Pittsburgh with one, mine is on the back window behind the driver seat.
I'm not sure if Amanda will be up for stickers on her car. I have a Mid-Atlantic Impreza Club sticker on my Impreza... so if the mini were mine, I would def put the sticker on. hehe. We're actually in Morgantown, though. She's a nurse at a hospital down here and I'm finishing my engineering degrees at WVU. Just keep an eye out for a pepper white MCS with "6SPD MINI" on a british license plate up front. That'll be us and we're in Pittsburgh for concerts and shopping about monthly.

Mike - Amanda was so excited while she was ordering that she forgot to tell them the reference number, but she e-mailed the Pittsburgh mini dealer the next day about it. I wasn't with her, otherwise I would have made sure she remembered. I'll let you know the status of the referral when they e-mail back. I'll be sure to let you know.

BTW, her mini should look like this:
with "6SPD MINI" on the front plate instead. :)

~~Quentin

·
Alpinamike
96 Posts
Nice Pic!

Well I figured that so, I called them and gave them my ref. # anyway and tracked her down , they put it on the front of her file. If you see a HO MCC with a blue top and white wheels thats me , I am always around town. And I know of only one other car close to that and it sits at the dealer waiting for the owner, buts i has a JCW kit and silver rims. $50,000
In the car!! But he is a car collector :rolleyes:
I have a odd combo.
-alpinamike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
alpinamike said:
Well I figured that so, I called them and gave them my ref. # anyway and tracked her down , they put it on the front of her file. If you see a HO MCC with a blue top and white wheels thats me , I am always around town. And I know of only one other car close to that and it sits at the dealer waiting for the owner, buts i has a JCW kit and silver rims. $50,000
In the car!! But he is a car collector :rolleyes:
I have a odd combo.
-alpinamike
That's good. I felt bad about her forgetting the number.

~~Quentin

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, it came in last week (5 week wait!!!), and we picked it up today. She absolutely loves it. When she turned it on, her face lit up like no other. :)

~~Quentin

·
Alpinamike
96 Posts
Like the White!!

Thats what my Girlfriend wanted, but can't get it in the convertible, I like My HO MCC.
Great stripes! Have a great time driving or motoring! :D :D :D
Here some pics of Mine. Do you know anyone else who wants one?
Attached!
thanks alpinamike

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
alpinamike said:
Thats what my Girlfriend wanted, but can't get it in the convertible, I like My HO MCC.
Attached!
thanks alpinamike
Uh Oh... Looks very similar to the car I ordered. It looks like you have the dark blue top though and I think I'm getting stripes put on (at Classic).

·
Registered
7 Posts
alpinamike said:
Attached!
thanks alpinamike
This is Quentin posting on Amanda's name. The car is fantastic. :) I just finished installing the stereo auxillary input a couple hours ago. Seriously, if they offer the MCS in AWD any time soon, I'm going to buy one, no doubt. The exhaust note is great, the supercharger pulls very solidly, and the handling is phenomenal. It just feels so sturdy. Amanda is really enjoying driving it. She's getting pretty good with the 6 speed on just the 2nd day of driving a manual regularly.

Pittsburgh mini was really good to deal with, though. Mindy did Amanda's walkthrough and seemed to know her way around the car very well and was very enthusiastic. Overall, I thought the dealership was very easy to deal with. Amanda's salesperson was Graham and she said he was really accomodating as well. (Weds is his day off, so Mindy did the "mini orientation".) I like the fact that so many of the people that work there are very enthusiastic about the cars. So far, so good. :)

~~Quentin <---- gets to ride around in a slick MCS :)

·
DjK
70 Posts
Hey, how much and what free stuff did you get with your MINI? I didn't get alot but I'd be interested in seeing how much you ended up with.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
djpk1978 said:
Hey, how much and what free stuff did you get with your MINI? I didn't get alot but I'd be interested in seeing how much you ended up with.
She got some mints and a keychain, IIRC.

~~Quentin

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.