MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tinkering In The Garage
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having just read the italian job thread concerning the new MINI taking part int he italian job, the answer is yes it can take part. For those of you with i think jan or feb issue of miniworld, read the report look at the pictures in the roundabout photo you can clearly see 3 MINI, and i believe the first new MINI entered in the 2001 'job recieved free entry.I would like to do the 'job in my MINI too, always wanted to do it in my classic but i don't trust it around europe.
Ady (R50):D

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Very interesting....
I would consider doing the job...at least I can still consider even if I change my mini to a MINI.
Hopefully this will apply to the IJs Step into France an event which I can recommend.

·
Registered
121 Posts
R50 said:
For those of you with i think jan or feb issue of miniworld, read the report look at the pictures in the roundabout photo you can clearly see 3 MINI, and i believe the first new MINI entered in the 2001 'job recieved free entry.I would like to do the 'job in my MINI too, always wanted to do it in my classic but i don't trust it around europe.
Ady (R50):D
Apparently (from one of my sources) there was quite a lot of bad blood between the MINI owner and the other folk on the Job. Lots of snidey comments about how his car was perfoming faultlessly and he can't believe all the problems everyone else was having. Someone should have explained to this chap what character is!

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Was there just the one MINI on the job (ooerr) ? Shame, sounds like the MINI owner is a bit of a well won't say ! Surely if he's doing the job he must have some mini background ?

·
M2 Bapmaster
3,138 Posts
I'm not sure if it's the same one but there was an article in The Telegraph about a MINI doing the job. Apparently it's a hoot whichever MINI/Mini you drive.

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
I know a guy who has done it twice and recommends it ! I may go to the IMM this year in Sotland, anyone interested ?
Will Step into France in Fred OKs it ! Driving abroad is a hoot, much less traffic !

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
I am interested in IJ with other MINI/Mini - I can cope with driving around in France on my own, in Italy???? Eh, no! :D :D :D

·
Tinkering In The Garage
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how many MINIs did the job

BrianMini, if you look at page 80 of Feb miniworld you can see that 3 MINIs did the job in '01,the red one at the bottom of the pic, black or ble one at the top and to the right a silver and black one with the door open, who ever your source is they forgot the other 2
Ady (R50)

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Martyn,
Good to hear from you again !
I may go to the IMM, have posted details elsewhere but it's on the 24-27 May in Kinross near Edinburgh.
I've always fancied visitng Edinburgh so this may prove a good time to do it. However a bit concerned that it may turn out to be the usual park up in a field type of thing. I want to go to the Edinburgh festival too, so have to decide when to go...
Will let you know which way it goes....
Anyone else fancy the IMM ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts