MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 2006 mini one r52 (convertible) I want to get more power out of it and thus need some more experienced opinions.
I was thinking of getting :

-the Lohen Lo2 tuning kit. This includes
-Superchips Bluefin
  • Milltek Cat-back exhaust
  • Janspeed Manifold & removable high-flow cat
  • Induction kit
  • Iridium spark plugs
I know that the exhaust setup differs from r50 to r52 so I will have to buy an additional performance exhaust.

- quicksilver catback mini one r52 performance exhaust.

This^setup should get me to about 140bhp but will run me about two grand. So the question is do I just get a tune, exhaust and an induction kit for way less and get myself to maybe 130/132 BHP or is the Lohen kit really worth it?

Cheers,

Seb

·
Registered
651 Posts
this isn't going to get you 140hp imo

add a cam and get it mapped for it then yes, possibly,

·
Registered
14 Posts
make it breathe first with a KN induction kit ...and add the bluefin chip ...you will notice the difference, then a single box cat back later.

·
Registered
651 Posts
make it breathe first with a KN induction kit ...and add the bluefin chip ...you will notice the difference, then a single box cat back later.
there will be a difference to a 90hp Mini One, but just doing the same as the op only with no plugs and manifold then it's definitely not going to get 140hp😂

that motor is only ever going to make significantly more power with a cam change and a custom map, ideally with a good manifold. Without it, all it'll make is noise ;O)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes you are right ...however it is a starting point. I did ask you what is best next? ...are you in the garage this week, i can pop over and we can develope a plan for mine? :giggle: email me [email protected] ...i'm only in Warrington.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts