MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have had to replace the engine in my mini, I put in the engine and it fired and ran but wouldn’t drive I removed the engine and replaced the clutch put the engine back in and now it won’t fire. Have tried a new starter but no different. There is power and the starter whizzes around but won’t fire engine. Ideas????

·
Registered
3 Posts
mini engine change

firstly do you have a spark at the plugs easy to check pull a plug out put it in any of the pug leads earth out plug turn the key check for a spark. Have you checked the crankshaft sensor is connected and the same with camshaft sensor as i suspect one or other may be disconnected hence no spark no firing of the engine as you have had gearbox of the engine to replace clutch. mini engine change Start with basics just recheck wiring hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have now discovered that the new starter is the same but the “cog” is different size to the original one so think this is the problem, more investigation needed. Anyone know if there is more than one starter?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Squemily
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing