MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Can any body tell me if i can put the new shape one 2004 bumper on the 2002 one model? Are the brackets the same? If not would it be difficult to adapt?

:confused:

Interested in what you think of the idea? will it harm the look of the car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
bagpuss2004 said:
Hi,

Can any body tell me if i can put the new shape one 2004 bumper on the 2002 one model? Are the brackets the same? If not would it be difficult to adapt?

:confused:

Interested in what you think of the idea? will it harm the look of the car?
Looks like Pobsey is right :) I am thinking of selling my Black 04 style bumpers from my One next year when I get the Aero kit, so I wanted to know if they would fit an 02 model too, looking at:
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77378
It looks like they do fit without any trouble, :) just BMW may not fit them for you. :rolleyes:

If you haven't already, you could also ask your dealer if they have some MCS side-skirts, BMW often have some left over from Aero kit conversions and practically give them away, so you could have them fitted at the same time as the bumpers! I prefer the new 04 look, so changing the older ones definitely gets my vote!

Hope all goes well if you have it done. :)
Sten

·
The de Chromed MINI
3,218 Posts
Im always right :D :D
(If im not sure I wont post, theres nothing worse than duff information!)

ps
Some dealers are well arsey about selling/giving away S bits, it seems thay would rather bin them than give them away! Its best to strike up a friendship with the parts department

1 - 4 of 4 Posts