MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Girls,

My warrenty runs out early next year and was wondering if there are any things i should get looked at / Changed free of charge before it runs out.

Cheers in advanced

Elliot

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looking at threads on here I would say a fuel pump seems to be a regular consumable in the diesel list? Try the 'its a bit jerky & I can smell fuel often' & that should get you one!

My own experience can verify full length sunroof rattles: just moan about rattles & thats gets a freeby replacement without any hassles.

Also I have just had the alternator go & by heck thats expensive! Clearly a design issue as all dealers seem to keep them on the shelf: it is a unique item for the diesel as I am sure you know, and going to Toyota will not get it any cheaper! You WILL know if this item is on the way out: apparently its always the bearings & in fairness mine has sounded a bit 'ticky' for over 12 months & probably covered about 40k with the issue. ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I called the local Toyota garage a few weeks ago for a problem that required the fuel pump changing (£20) and they didnt even know that it was the same engine in the MINI as the Yaris!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts