MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello please help , my car has now had a problem for 12 months and after reading this forum I believe it is what is termed as the yoyo effect. when cold for about the first 1/2 miles the car struggles and feels flat and hesitant. It has been in to mini 6 times now , twice it had a software update and once they actually striiped the cylinder head down and skimmed it. On the last visit the head engineer tested it for one afternoon declaring that the car is ok, bearing in mind that it is an intermittant fault there was always going to be a chance that the fault would not rear its ugly head {sods law as they say}.when I collected my car back the service people are stating that I must present the fault to them , bearing in mind the fault clears after a couple of miles and that I live 35 miles away I declared this as an impossible task. They also tried to say that the fault has never been identified via any of there inspections. I then informed them that on the 4 th inspection that I had received a call saying that the fault had been spotted and that they were going to send the cylinder head off for pressure testing and eventually skimming the head . There response was that it was an inexperience service advisor who had made the call and that he had been confused with technical jargon. Then why did they strip the engine down and skim the head if no fault was ever spotted I asked?. Oh that was just experience was the reply"". I have been in touch wit Bmw customer who have stated that I must present the fault to the garage , impossible. Can any body help me please , the fault shows up at least every other day but even though my car has been in the Bmw garage for over 4 weeks they stil state that they have never seen a fault. My wife and I was starting to think that we were imagining the fault until I researched this website. Where do I stand legally and idea,s or suggestions would be really appreciated, my car by the way has only 3 months warranty left and I would be reluctant to sell privately and pass the problem onto someone else

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
hmm thats a tough one, in theory you should leave the car with them overnight so first thing in the morning when its cold they could experience the problem for themselves, thats what i would think could be the best way out if it

Keep at them though!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks , it has been left overnight 4 times over about a 4 week period. Usually we spot the fault every other day on average , but it seems that Bmw could not identify it over a 20 day period, I now believe that they have spotted it but don't know how to fix it !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts