MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just some background info. I have a 2008 mini one first r56 3/4 weeks ago had a an orange coolant light on my mini dash and then a red one few seconds later. Checked coolant and found out my coolant tank was EMPTY bone dry. Found some coolant topped it up but it had seem to gone again and showed up another orange light. Took it to the garage. Man thought the cap was broken gave me a new cap thought it fixed the issue but it didn’t. Ten mins later I got another orange and then red light for coolant come up. Maybe an hour later got it checked again on diagnosis. No codes coming up and engine running and at ok temp of 77c. Couldn’t figure out the problem. Saw I had low oil in my car so filled it up and the orange light never came back. However my coolant is leaking fast. No external leaks found. So suspected head gasket is blown. The engine doesn’t seem to over head as it did before car is running fine no loss in power. No white smoke coming and no white oil caps but coolant is leaking. While this started to happen I noticed my heating in my car wasn’t blowing out hot air just luke warm ish air and only blew warm air when I was revving my car while driving it. Not sure what’s that’s about but took it to the garage again to see if there were any air locks or pressure. I’m not sure what the technical terms is but he touches a valve by the engine to release pressure or something. and it seemed to be okay coolant wasn’t leaving for two days and heating worker as normal. He advised me to top up my coolant a little bit as it was just below the min line. When I did that my car hasn’t been running for 8 hours but when I opened my coolant cap it released pressure like a air coming out. Which I thought Was odd as it hadn’t been running for 8 hours. I’m not sure if that’s normal though. Does any one know what could be at fault. Coolant does seem to bubble for a two or three seconds when finished driving for a while but engine isn’t over heating as far as I’m aware and there’s no loss in power. No white smoke and no white oil caps could this be a blown head gasket.
many help and opinion would be amazing

1 - 1 of 1 Posts