MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MINI 7
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serious visual problems with mini headlights on dark rainy nights.::frown::
Appreciate a easy cost effective to resolving this problems. I have checked the internet and found bulbs that can replace the present bulbs which give a vast improvement. Can it be this easy?
Car is a Mini One 7, 2006.
Regards chamor

·
Registered
597 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
As long as you don’t have massive hands then not too difficult to change.

I feel your pain, I had a 2010 Cooper D and the lights were atrocious, especially on dark winter nights down country lanes, I was really worried that I would hit someone or something at the side of the road because they didn’t light up the side or throw the beam very far. Good bulbs make a difference. I ordered my next one with Xenon's which were a million times better.

·
MINI 7
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I TAKE WHAT YOU RECOMMEND ON BOARD, NOW HAVE TO DECIDE WHICH BULBS TO PURCHASE, SO MUCH CHOICE.

THANK U chamor

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I TAKE WHAT YOU RECOMMEND ON BOARD, NOW HAVE TO DECIDE WHICH BULBS TO PURCHASE, SO MUCH CHOICE.

THANK U chamor
TBH, there isn't really that much choice. I'm old, so your eyes are worse in the dark ...... in lanes, countryside, where I reside.
So I've been here many times.
Forget the plethora of Chinese 'super bright, super white' super cheapo that are out there.
Only two worth considering, as KNT has posted:
Philips Racing Vision
Osram Night Breaker

·
Registered
597 Posts
TBH, there isn't really that much choice. I'm old, so your eyes are worse in the dark ...... in lanes, countryside, where I reside.
So I've been here many times.
Forget the plethora of Chinese 'super bright, super white' super cheapo that are out there.
Only two worth considering, as KNT has posted:
Philips Racing Vision
Osram Night Breaker
Would eating more carrots help? :big_grin:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Chamor

I've run the Philips X-tremeVision H7 bulbs in two cars for several years.
In my opinion, they are the best value for the money. They are significantly better than stock & seem to last well.
I'll try the RacingVision at some point, but I suspect they won't last long!

All around $20 a pair - look for the circular bubble-pack.
This YT video seems worth watching, although the comparison driving
shots are not on consistent roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u-M20ImdbA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
MVPeters
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing