MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting a second-hand Mini One (MkI, 55 plate) and have a few questions about security:

1) Does this Mini come with remote central locking on a key fob?
2) I have read that this model does NOT have an alarm fitted as standard but does have an immobiliser. Correct?
3) If I have a Clifford Concept 650 MkII fitted with NO additional extras when I arm the system:
a) will the doors lock?
b) will the windows close? (total closure?)​

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,

David

·
Registered
382 Posts
With regards to the clifford, it should beable to lock the doors, however putting the windows up requires an additional clifford unit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.

@mikeythemini: Which alarms do you fit to Minis, Mikey? What do you recommend?

@aussie11: Does the normal Mini fob lock the fuel cap? If so, are you having to carry both the Clifford and the Mini fobs all the time?

@hollinshead: The 650 MKII is advertised as Total Closure - why won't it close the windows without the additional kit?

Thanks again.

David

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
I use sigma,
Standard alarm features - this works from the factory fob & will close the windows
Or Thatcham Cat 1 approved for insurance - adds battery backup and again works from the actory fob & closes windows

·
Registered
810 Posts
@aussie11: Does the normal Mini fob lock the fuel cap? If so, are you having to carry both the Clifford and the Mini fobs all the time?

Yea have both the mini one is on the key so no big problem, the Mini key locks the cap so I have two alarms:D. I have also got the Blackjax system and a dual zone sensor with voice module

1 - 12 of 12 Posts