MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I´m sorry to tell you that I had the exact same problem.

I changed the thermostat, the coolant cap, the coolant reservoir. When my car was running I noticed a bubble coming out the coolant reservoir.

When I stopped the engine, the coolant on the reservoir was totally consumed.

I´m sorry to tell you that it was the head gasket blown. Apparently it was a minor leak that produced some gas bubbles into the cooling system provoking the coolant to boil at some points.

You should not worry about it, the gaskets kit is not too expensive (around 100$) and after they fix it it was running just fine.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Hi, I´m sorry to tell you that I had the exact same problem.

I changed the thermostat, the coolant cap, the coolant reservoir. When my car was running I noticed a bubble coming out the coolant reservoir.

When I stopped the engine, the coolant on the reservoir was totally consumed.

I´m sorry to tell you that it was the head gasket blown. Apparently it was a minor leak that produced some gas bubbles into the cooling system provoking the coolant to boil at some points.

You should not worry about it, the gaskets kit is not too expensive (around 100$) and after they fix it it was running just fine.
and a sniff test would tell straight away

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
11 Participants
mike1967
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing