MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I am planning to order a mini one for next march.But cant decide which tyres to go for,should i go for the 15"which come with the pepper pack?Or should i go for the 16"195/55 R16 run flat tyres?I want the car to handle well on the rd,but at the same time dont want to much of a bumpy ride!Also could anyone tell me if the glass on a panoramic sunroof is slightly tinted or just clear?Would really appreciate all your sound advice.Thanks :confused:

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Hello
Well I would personally go for the 16's-They look great and the ride is not all that harsh. If you were to get the 17's the ride is alot more bumpier.
With regards to the Sunroof it has got a tint to it and is not clear :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your advice,i was just worried as had read threads on here which stated larger tyres made the ride really bumper.Would having 16"make the steering a lot heavier?I must admit the 16"look much nicer but wasnt sure if they handled so well

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
The 16's will be a little more bumpier as they are run flats. But on a ONE hardly noticeable. Are you going for Sports Suspension?
No the steering is not heavier at all, you will actually find the MINI handles best with the 16's :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
amandachannon said:
Hi,I am planning to order a mini one for next march.But cant decide which tyres to go for,should i go for the 15"which come with the pepper pack?Or should i go for the 16"195/55 R16 run flat tyres?I want the car to handle well on the rd,but at the same time dont want to much of a bumpy ride!Also could anyone tell me if the glass on a panoramic sunroof is slightly tinted or just clear?Would really appreciate all your sound advice.Thanks :confused:
You might want to consider the cost involved - 16" runflats are pretty pricey - around £160 - £200 a corner I believe. Put me off getting them on my Cooper. Mind you, I've got SS+ and I'm quite glad I stuck to the 15s as it's pretty bumpy on rough roads (but I love it!)

You can replace the runflats tho, I think quite a few people have done that.

They (16s) do look nice tho!

·
Mini Bar
22 Posts
The wheels, as you can see from this forum are a point of individual preference.

Some People like the 15" some like the 16" and others like the 17 or 18" wheels.

I choose the 17" on our Cooper, and have not regretted that decision for the type of driving we do.

The sunroof is tinted. it has a black tint, it comes out a similar colour to the black roof.

happy choosing!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice,i just think the 16"look much better.But if it is going to make it a bumpier ride i wont bother.Im not getting sports suspension,would this make a difference to the wheel size?

·
Registered
162 Posts
amandachannon said:
Thanks for all the advice,i just think the 16"look much better.But if it is going to make it a bumpier ride i wont bother.Im not getting sports suspension,would this make a difference to the wheel size?
I will let you know what I think when I get my mini next week with 16" fins. My Mum has 15" rockets so I will be able to give you a comparison then! :cool: I have to admit my preference of 16" wheels was a compromise between the looks of the 17" and the comfort of the 15" wheels. I can't wait to get my 16" fins :eek:

·
Now with S power!
23,915 Posts
The majority of publications do say that the MINI handles best on the 16" alloys. I'd go for the visually aswell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts