MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i'd share my joy with everyone.

Got my mini last wednesday, booked in tomorrow for window tints all round. Limo black on the back and the front, light smoke on front (legal)

Also picking my induction kit up. Its a pipercross and im meeting the guy at the same place im getting the tints done at. Only problem is i have to wait around for 3 hours whilst my tints are been done :mad: .

Total price of tints - £125, which i think is amazing as all the other quotes have been 180+

Induction- £25, Its brand new with the Halfrauds £89.99 price tag.

:) Will wack some pictures on hopefully tomorrow.

Ross

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Yep ... mini comes with tints pretty much atthe legal limit fr front side windows.

You gotta love limo black tints on the backs though :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really?

Well i've got a mate whos got tints on his front and he hasnt been pulled......is this due to luck or lack of knowledge of police knowing whats what?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was just wondering where you're getting the tints done - did you go to a MINI dealer or just a regular private garage?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Regular Private Garage.
Got the tints on now. Decided to go for limo black on back three. The guy said i could come back when ever i wanted for the front two doing.

Professional Glass and Window Tinting in Bradford

Got the Induction on today and it does make the engine rawr!. My friend with his Corsa c 1.4 Sri, having an exhaust and induction on it, bowed down to my engine and its meager induction.

Only Problem is now that on the way home my tank was comming to the petrol light point. The light came on and i went to put some petrol in. Now the light seems to have stayed on and hasnt gone off after putting enough petrol in it for it to go off. Any body know what might have gone wrong and how to fix? :confused:

Ross

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Now the light seems to have stayed on and hasnt gone off after putting enough petrol in it for it to go off.
Is it possible you didn't put *quite* enough petrol in it? What's the needle registering? :confused:

I'd try a full fill-up (until pump click and top up to brim) and see what happens to the light. :)

Good luck! :D

All the best,
Andrew.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mines did that the second day I owned the car, just gave the top of the speedo a "technical tap" then switched off the engine restarted it and it's been fine ever since

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whats the air intake diameter of a mini one?

Im currently looking at the Pipercross induction kit on the halfords.com website.. £59.99.

wana make sure it fits before i buy it :)

cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah thats the one i have. Took the Airbox straight off. Just push the pipe round the end of the filter (make sure you put the clasp on before you put the filter on) and its on.

You will hear a big improvement on the sound of your engine. Make sure you find a nice quiet road , put your window down along with your foot!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts