MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
We are planning a meeting open to all Mini owners at Bruntingthorpe on January 22nd 2005. Just checking out what sort of interest there maybe in such an event. No experience need and will be a light-hearted introduction into track days. No racing involved but just a chance to take your Mini out on the track to see how it fairs and also a chance to meet up with other Mini owners! If you are interested please send your contact details to [email protected] and we will get back to you with information about dates and prices.

We need to get 30 cars to guarantee the day (we already have 20), the price will be 129 pounds. The capacity for the event is 80 cars and we will be using the short course on the Bruntingthorpe proving ground. All Minis are wellcome from the most tuned to your just run in runabouts. Those competing in the JCC are also welcome to get some testing done (if you wish). The day is going to be cancelled if we dont get the numbers.

Here is some info on bruntingthorpe
http://www.easytrack.co.uk/guides/brunting.asp

The details are as follows:
  • Date 22/01/05 10am till 4pm
  • Location - Bruntingtorpe prowing ground (of the M1)
  • Minimum attendance 30 cars (max 80, optimum 60)
  • Price - 129 pounds
  • Helmet hire is available and will be 20 pounds
  • Tuition also available (book in advance) - 25 pounds for 25 minutes
  • Its a Mini only day and thus we will have exclusive use of the track for the day.
There will be a food outlet serving hot food and drinks, petrol station is less than five miles off the track.

Please Note: This is a proving gound and not an official race track, but you still need to check with your insurance company if you are covered. If you require cover you can contact THB Egger Lawson (0115 9415255) and get a quote from them for the day.

All of those interestred email [email protected] with your details.

Cheers,
[email protected]

People down to come so far (There are still another 22 places at the least):
People on the list:
1. Keith Issatt
2. Nick Short
3.Susannah Benham
4. Jason Fields
5. Andrey Magiy
6. Shorty
7. Tony t3
8. Mark Bloom
9. Barry Bloom
10. Steve Wind-Mozley
11. Hobzy
12. Captain
13. Paul Donkin
14. Max
15. Ginger
16. Dcfkan
17. Kitsang
18. Chris Minto
19. Lawrence Bowyer
20. Nick Howland
21. Collin Smith (Dino_Smith) + 1
22. Andreas Serrano
23. James (Ginge)

Maybes:
1. Matt Key
2. Wobert123
3. Olly Bloxham

Watching Only (Free all welcome)
Scooby212
Wibbly
Hickster

·
Lohen
9 Posts
Who who???

Well hello people,

I love the way that this is a new thread and the first 3 replies are from the people who are already commited :D :D :D . Where is this world going to??

Well done anyway!!

Andrey :eb:

·
Registered
241 Posts
As a newbe to the world of track days, I was wondering what sort of stick your tyres take as my better half is concerned we will need a new set of tyres after a track day.

I know this depends on how you drive & the condition of the tyres to begin with, but a bit of advice would be very welcome.

The car is an untouched MCS with only 2000 mls.

Thanks

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
given the time of the year and the likelihood of it being wet the tires wont take too much stick (as u put it). However youre more likely to wear your brake pads down a fair bit. remember on some parts of the track you will performing the equivalent of an emergency stop i.e. 100mph+ down to 40mph and this can be quite wearing.

most people who do this several times a year have track wheels..

i wouldnt worry to much about it, just get signed up!

·
220 of your finest horses
3,009 Posts
If they are run flats

dino_smith said:
I know this depends on how you drive & the condition of the tyres to begin with, but a bit of advice would be very welcome.

Thanks
I did 4 track days and 27,000 miles before I had to replace my first set of front tyres (Runflats) and as people can contest, I didn't drive in a genteel manner!

Brunty is not as twisty as some tighter courses (such as Croft) so I would expect a days blasting round here to be failry light (in context) on tyre wear.

you should be fine

S:yeblack:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tyre ware

To answer your question, the first time i went to bruntingthorpe i was in a BMW 316 on fairly decent tyres (pirellis or something like that). 2 hours and a 100 track miles later i left the track with reasonable wear. However at a second going i cooked my ABS censor and subsequently flatspotted a front tyre. But then you have to be a little bit crazy to do that...

I wouldnt worry

Andrey

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks for all the replys, you've been very helpful.

i'm trying to get my girlfriend to go on a trackday to get a bit more confidence in driving the car a bit quicker & to find out how it handles(a i want a trash as well :) ), i noticed that there is personal tuition avaliable, is it any good?

thanks

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hi Dino_Smith,

The tuition will be carried out by one of Pat Jackson's instructors and they do event organising all the time as well as lessons. You can expect a very professional and experienced instructor to come out with you in your Mini on the track and teach you about track etiquette and also how to improve your driving skills. Its £25 for 25 minutes and is a great way to improve your driving on and off the track, well worth it if its your first time on a track.

Your girlfriend and you can split the cost of entry if you go in one car (but check insurance tho)

Cheers,
[email protected]

·
Challenge addict ...still
470 Posts
dino_smith said:
Thanks for all the replys, you've been very helpful.

i'm trying to get my girlfriend to go on a trackday to get a bit more confidence in driving the car a bit quicker & to find out how it handles(a i want a trash as well :) ),
thanks
I encouraged my fiancee to do trackdays with me when we started for exaclythe same reasons:rolleyes:
Now I cant get the car back off her for very long to go on track myself:D
Come on get your names down- it really is brilliant driving on track and finding what you and the car will do.

Its Christmas time, and theres no need to be afraid:confused:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Come on people! Sign up! Its the best day out you'll have in your car - ask for it for xmas :D

Dino_Smith, my mrs did cadwell park with me last year, and loved it. She feels much more confident now as well, knowing what the car can do - going and stopping. :) ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
After discussing all your responses with my girlfriend, I have been given the green light!!! :D e-mail sent off to Lohen, this is the coolest xmas pressie so far :cool:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Know Scoops has done it 4 u now; just in case 4 the future etc - under the Calendar to the right is a "Add New Event" box containing the following links:

Single, All Day Event Single, All Day Event
Ranged Event Ranged Event
Recurring Event

You clicks on the link and fills in the details & submits it a bit like an advanced post or PM ... maybe it wasnt working last time you tried :;

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.