MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen anything suitable?

I thought generic ones might be a bit rubbish. Called BMW Melbourne and the only thing they have is some JCW one (!) which they'd need to order from Germany and costs $550!

Ostensibly this is just for our multistory car park because the construction site next door showers my pride and joy with dust and crap all day...

·
Registered
161 Posts
$550!?!?!?!

I enquired a few months back about an outdoor cover. I was told it would be in the $300-350 area (I think).

Try call Menere's in Brighton and speak to Tom in spare parts. He is always a great help when I need something.

Let me know how you go. Depending on price, I might be interested in getting one aswell.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I'd be VERY careful with car covers, I've seen them do more harm than good, as in rubbing paint down to the undercoat in <48 hours....

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was at Menere's yesterday, so I walked up to the Parts department and asked about an Outdoor car cover.

There are 2 to choose from:

1. Standard outdoor car cover - In stock - Approx $291
2. JCW outdoor car cover - No stock (comes from Germany) - Approx $550

·
pw4
154 Posts
I've seen a few on the web while searching for other stuff. Some of them are pictures of the car, which is cute/cool/weird (take your pick). I was going to post a couple of links but the forum blocks it - so search on minimania.com (the USA minimania). They also have a separate section on coverking.

There's also a JCW cover - I'm guessing you might be able to get that locally through a MINI garage?? - see example at Outmotoring.com

I've purchased several things now from MINI places in USA and UK, with just the usual cautions of buying stuff over the Internet - but all have been good with prompt delivery etc. Sometimes the cost is as good or cheaper, even with the freight, as buying it locally.

pw4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts