MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my MINI now since early Oct and have seen the grand total of 9 others - including the one that lives around the corner from me (is that you??? - WA5 3..). Today nipped to M & S in Warrington and saw no less than 5 others on the car park!!

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Kwackers, I can go one better !
I am soon to be a MINI owner and I work for M & S ! So from all the spending from MINI owners has allowed me to join them !
Thing is....if I pick the wrong colour I don't think my dealer will swap it for another or give me a full refund !

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Even I used to work for M&S :D :D :D :D

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
OK, I'll bite, What's M&S?

Gromit is hopelessly American....;)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
christmas in 3 words....... Marks & Spencer(you know what i mean if you've the adverts). M&S Is a British department store selling a wide range of items from clothing to house-hold goods. They did have a chain of food store's in America & Canada that was party of the M&S group but I think they just sold it. Cant remember what is was called though:confused: :) :) :)

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Thanks Smiffy and...
/Brit mode on "Happy Christmas" /Brit mode off:D

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
In the U.S M & S was known as Brookes Brothers, all these stores have now been sold. Their overseas forays have ended rather embarassingly....Recently stores in France closed after scenes of 'panic' !
The tally of UK stores is almost 300, and the business' long standing Baker St. HQ is being relocated to Paddington.
By the way, the celebs in the T.V commercial accepted a reduced fee to assist the 'ailing retailer'. Blah, blah, blah !
Just thought I'd better mention the MINI somewhere, so early next year the MINI-M&S link will grow with my new arrival ! Paid for in no small part by the customers of aforementioned store !

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
smartbomb said:
In the U.S M & S was known as Brookes Brothers, all these stores have now been sold. Their overseas forays have ended rather embarassingly....Recently stores in France closed after scenes of 'panic' !
The tally of UK stores is almost 300, and the business' long standing Baker St. HQ is being relocated to Paddington.
By the way, the celebs in the T.V commercial accepted a reduced fee to assist the 'ailing retailer'. Blah, blah, blah !
Just thought I'd better mention the MINI somewhere, so early next year the MINI-M&S link will grow with my new arrival ! Paid for in no small part by the customers of aforementioned store !
I used to work for M&S till 4 years ago - Great company, but it's gone to the dogs since then & my shares have bombed. Sort it out will ya!

Are you in 'The Temple Of Doom' (Baker St) or in a store?

Did M&S insist you get your Mini in BRG w/ white roof?!:rolleyes:

·
5 years with MINI ONE
244 Posts
M &S Share holder

I have shares in M&S and Have a MINI, is there a link?? two popular brands maybe??

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Yes indeed the firm has been to the dogs, cats, geese and pigeons lately.....As a shareholder I should be concerned, as an employee I am not ! My shares are being sacrificed to pay for what will amount to be a heater switch !
FYI I am store based, and as yet have received no directive on colour....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts