MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Could you guys give answer a few queries. I have a cooper s jcw 05 reg and was looking at installing a set of park lane all leather seats from an 06 Mini. Ok...i guess someone would say why not recaros but i could pick these up cheap and i love the look.

Questions are:

1) Are the Park Lane seats sport seats like those found in a cooper s?

2) I presume these will fit on the same subframe as the one in my car?

3) Does anyone know if these seats have heating elements in and thus could be hooked up to the heating buttons?

Hope you guys can help.

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
1) Are the Park Lane seats sport seats like those found in a cooper s?
Yes they are.

2) I presume these will fit on the same subframe as the one in my car?
Yes they will.

3) Does anyone know if these seats have heating elements in and thus could be hooked up to the heating buttons?
They were available heated, but it wasn't standard, so some will have and some won't (not 100% on this bit, but I think I'm right).

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that.

I was looking at some JCW seats but after fitting they're circa £1500. I could pick these up pretty cheap and have always liked the look of them. Lovely leather and the striping pattern.

What do you reckon???

·
it's not easy bein' green
126 Posts
Thanks for that.

I was looking at some JCW seats but after fitting they're circa £1500. I could pick these up pretty cheap and have always liked the look of them. Lovely leather and the striping pattern.

What do you reckon???

I bet I know where you saw them ;)

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
;-)

They're on ebay. Just asked the guy selling them and he said they're from a Park lane that was in an accident.

I think they may be a no no now! What do you guys think? I dont think the airbag was fired but I guess a head on wouldnt cause that.

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seen them in the flesh and there are a set for sale on ebay. Only problem is they are from a park lane that has been in an accident. Put me off now. What do you think?

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the guy wouldn't respond when I asked. May have been a bad one. I presume it wasn't as there would have been some damage to the frame of the chair.

Shame as I would have liked these.

Would love to buy some jcw recaros but need height adjusters for my partner. I'm 6"2" and she's 5"2". Doh!

Funny enough there some mini recaro seats on eBay in black and White like the ones in the gp. Unfortunately the seller took them off by the time I could ask questions. Does anyone know if mini sell these recaro seats with height adjust?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts