Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Berkshire

Votes: 2 50.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi don't know whether this is presumptious but the MINI Tour seems to have been a hit, I didn't 'do' much! :) However if people do like my organisational skills or whatever it may be, then I'd be very pleased to organise 'say' a Picnic combined with an afternoon out somewhere?

Just looking for suggestions now as to where and when? As the weather is 'ok' at the moment we could organise something this summer? Let's not clash with other Events on the Calendar and if you're interested to meet up somewhere please let me know. I'll then do the necessary!! :)

I've added a Poll also as I thought this may be useful :)

·
I'm avin 'oops
1,225 Posts
Great idea and there are a great number of places in your area - I know as I travel from home to your neck of the woods alot for work on Trowbridge

not sure where tho ......

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea and there are a great number of places in your area - I know as I travel from home to your neck of the woods alot for work on Trowbridge

not sure where tho ......
Great Nath! I have some places in mind and I guess the Venue will be decided upon the best location to suit everyone. I will think of a place that we can escape indoors if needs be too, judging by the weather in Wiltshire today :) wet stuff around here LOL. Thanks for your support. What date is good for you?

·
I'm avin 'oops
1,225 Posts
any date is good for me i can always get time off, although will have to confirm with she who must be obeyed on holidays hehe

weather can screw everything up but last year was at cotswold water world for a company day and it was the day of the floods so you can imagine the fun we had hehe

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any date is good for me i can always get time off, although will have to confirm with she who must be obeyed on holidays hehe

weather can screw everything up but last year was at cotswold water world for a company day and it was the day of the floods so you can imagine the fun we had hehe
Woo hoo, that sounds like fun! Of course check with the other half ;)

I've added a Poll for which is the best location and please let me know. I'll get my thinking cap on today, as I'm off (yay) and get some ideas in place! :hmph:

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi folks, haven't forgotten this, just been a bit manic at work, etc. Will research this today and put some suggestions forward! :)

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Folks

I have decided that it 'might' be a good idea to come to Coate Water Country Park, Swindon. The Poll has given me a 50% vote for Wiltshire and 50% for Berkshire and it's a short ride from the Berkshire Border.

The park is off Junction 15 off the M4 around a 5-10 minute drive. The beauty of this is that it does have plenty to offer outdoors (including picnic areas and BBQ hire) and some indoor respite if it rains, such as an Exhibition Centre and a Cafe.

Please take a look at the link below and also the Park Facilities which I've listed here. If this interests you, please let me know.

Coate Water Country Park

Park Facilities:

• Ranger centre and information point
  • Café
  • Toilets
  • Paddling pool
  • Play area
  • Cycle hire
  • Nature reserve
  • Events programme
  • Bird hides
  • Pitch and putt
  • Mini golf
  • Coarse fishing
  • Barbecue hire
  • Education service
  • Easirider
  • Wheelchair access
  • Orienteering (subject to seasonal change)
DATES I have in mind (and open to suggestion of course) are:

* Saturday 2nd August
* Sunday 3rd August

* Saturday 6th September
* Sunday 7th September

TIME : Meet at 11am, picnic and party a little, take a walk, hire a bike, or whatever we feel like, until we feel like going home! LOL

I am probably moving house in between these dates so dare not risk booking myself in :)

Let me know what you think? :)

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi all :) apologies for not asking earlier, life is so busy socially and at work ... would anyone be interested in this afternoon out sometime over the summer? Would be good to meet up with old and new faces! :smile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts