MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone my car was misfiring when we pluged it in it sed cylinder 2 misfire took it to the garage and he said head gaskets gone my minis done 58000 miles so hes had it over a week and then took the head for skimming to another garage when i phoned up he saif he was waiting for a timing lovk tool then i phoned again today nearly 2 weeks later and he said would be a extra 75 pound because the thermostat housing was cracked ! so finally got my car back tonight and its showin a cam sensor fault but the garage said he ad replaced this can anyone help im not going back to him does anyone know any good garages in wakefield thanks

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
that will prob be they have no idea how to set timing up on that engine,, the fact they had to buy a lock tool says they have never done one before and have not set the preload on the chain correctly before doing the stretch bolts up ,, do not drive it until fixed it could bend valves if to far out and vanos sprocket advances the timing etc,,, they are not a easy engine to time when dont know their pitfalls,,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that will prob be they have no idea how to set timing up on that engine,, the fact they had to buy a lock tool says they have never done one before and have not set the preload on the chain correctly before doing the stretch bolts up ,, do not drive it until fixed it could bend valves if to far out and vanos sprocket advances the timing etc,,, they are not a easy engine to time when dont know their pitfalls,,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry im new to this and it posted before i got chance to replie omg its been so stressfull its going to mini specailist today thankgod hes jus took the piss him i supose its a learning curve really thanks for your help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts