MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Members,

Hope that this is not a re-post, but i have not found anywhere this issue mentioned.
I am the proud owner of a MINI R50 2004 1.6 petrol engine and it is a great car. I also have an BMW 3 series 2003 diesel engine and I have for it the BMW Scanner 1.4.0 diag tool. It is stated that it should work on the R50 module but this is not fully true:
-it recognizes the car (vin, engine, etc)
-i can scan partially the car but I cannot see the engine errors or code the light module and other options as door lock, speed lock, keys configured etc

As the tool is working fine on the BMW, i am asking here: have you used the BMW scanner 1.4.0 on Mini's with success? was it needed to solder pins between them (which ones)?

I would appreciate any advice given. I am also curious on what you use in order to activate/deactivate/configure other modules as NCS expert is not that user friendly for me.

best wishes to all of you.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Hello Members,

Hope that this is not a re-post, but i have not found anywhere this issue mentioned.
I am the proud owner of a MINI R50 2004 1.6 petrol engine and it is a great car. I also have an BMW 3 series 2003 diesel engine and I have for it the BMW Scanner 1.4.0 diag tool. It is stated that it should work on the R50 module but this is not fully true:
-it recognizes the car (vin, engine, etc)
-i can scan partially the car but I cannot see the engine errors or code the light module and other options as door lock, speed lock, keys configured etc

As the tool is working fine on the BMW, i am asking here: have you used the BMW scanner 1.4.0 on Mini's with success? was it needed to solder pins between them (which ones)?

I would appreciate any advice given. I am also curious on what you use in order to activate/deactivate/configure other modules as NCS expert is not that user friendly for me.

best wishes to all of you.
below link best cheapest option for car on the road near dealer level, you will thank me one day if get one really is that good for money,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-Bluetooth-TCS-CDP-Pro-Plus-Car-Vehicle-OBD2-Diagnostic-Tool-for-Autocom/323525188215?hash=item4b539a9a77:g:fS0AAOSwB5lb2A10:rk:9:pf:0

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you @mike1967, the suggestion will be taken in consideration. I was just curious if anyone attempted to use the bmw scanner 1.4.0 and succeeded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Gabriel V
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing