MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to clear the fault code 005DB3. The model is a UK spec R56 Cooper 1.6D w16 engine.

I have two yellow lights DSC and handbrake on the dash. I have scanned using a basic scanner and Ista D. The battery has been connected and disconnected numerous times and as a result my frm module bricked. This has been fixed but my other lights don't go off.

My steering sensor does work when faults are cleared (using basic scanner). It shows angles correctly but after a few hundred meters of being off the lights reappear. Using Ista I have recalibrated the steering sensor but lights won't go off at all. Im not that confident using tool32.

I'm thinking I could have a faulty unit under the seat/coding of dsc module? but any help I would appreciate.

Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update- I replaced the SZl unit and recoded using ista P. No luck and still unable to reset fault code.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Further update.
I replaced the DSC sensor. This was under drivers seat. Removed 4 t40 bolts and then cut around a little bit of carpet to find the sensor. Tried to remove fault codes and calibrate using INPA. Also tried Ista D. Went on a 30 mile round trip to allow system to adjust to new sensor. Lights remain on Dash.

Also recoded and programmed DSC unit using ista P.

I attach pics of some screens showing data. I can seen wake voltage is unsteady.
Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts