MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 61 r56 lci and was looking at coding msfw. There are a few forums on here discussing this so think I know roughly what I'm doing... However, some people suggest you don't need a power supply for coding, only programming. Can someone shed some light on this and maybe if someone's successfully done msfw on the lci can go through the steps? Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I have the same car and am attempting the same job as you. I'm also stuck with coding etc. If you find out how to do it could you keep this post updated please?

Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, I have the same car and am attempting the same job as you. I'm also stuck with coding etc. If you find out how to do it could you keep this post updated please?

Thank you
Have you attempted coding yet? I've just found out my alternator has a bad diode which is draining my battery very quickly, so that problem needs to be fixed first. Think its $249 (and maybe another number but forgotten it now) to VO and then FA Write to CAS and FRM, then SG RESET. If you do manage to get it working, please put something on here :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thank you
Also it is possible that you need to buy a new SZL... Think if the volume buttons don't work automatically (without coding) then it's new SZL time!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Have you attempted coding yet? I've just found out my alternator has a bad diode which is draining my battery very quickly, so that problem needs to be fixed first. Think its $249 (and maybe another number but forgotten it now) to VO and then FA Write to CAS and FRM, then SG RESET. If you do manage to get it working, please put something on here :)
Have a look at his posts, I put the order of coding on there

·
Registered
514 Posts
From my notes, which are not brilliant.
Change the VO and add $249 to FRM and CAS
SZL module - change MFL to 'activ'
Kombi Module -look for the line = TEMPOMAT_SET2_ANZ_DAUER set to 'wert_02'
Kombi again look for line ACC_AUSSTATTUNG change to 'wert_01'

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From my notes, which are not brilliant.
Change the VO and add $249 to FRM and CAS
SZL module - change MFL to 'activ'
Kombi Module -look for the line = TEMPOMAT_SET2_ANZ_DAUER set to 'wert_02'
Kombi again look for line ACC_AUSSTATTUNG change to 'wert_01'
Thank you. Only just to round to doing this. I have the connector in the steering wheel column, connected it up and nothing. Not even volume controls! Does that mean I now need to find and install a new szl?

·
Registered
514 Posts
am prob repeating myself but you can find the part number on realoem.com, it has to be specific to the car details, so rain sensor, etc is important and there is a list of part numbers to chose from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
am prob repeating myself but you can find the part number on realoem.com, it has to be specific to the car details, so rain sensor, etc is important and there is a list of part numbers to chose from.
Okay thank you so much for all your help. I'll see if I can pick up a cheap szl but if not I'll just have to leave it for now...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I've looked at this:
Selected the one without rain sensor and without xenons and got this page:

Question is, now what? Because this is exactly what I have 😂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts