MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week i changed the fuel pump and fuel filter because i thought that might have been the problem with the car suddenly throwing engine light and engine shuts off while driving, usually i put it to neutral and coast on the side of the highway if possible or street.

Sometimes the car restarts right away, sometimes needs 5 to 10 minutes and it starts right up.
When i check high rail pressure the psi its the same with the set value and i dont get hard starts at a cold start or any misfires or noise.

Do you think its a sensor ?
The codes i get everytime when this happens its

2C03 high pressure fuel, plausibility pressure too low
2BF5 Rail pressure sensor, plausibility: Pressure too low before engine start
2C10 Fuel pump relay, activation: Line disconnection

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
2C10 Fuel pump relay, activation: Line disconnection, that would be the trigger to the other two fault codes i would guess, relay in under bonnet fuse box , have a look in your car hand book for fuses and relay locations , would suspect its a relay issue might find its intermittent due to heat ie drive for a while the windings get hot and this effects the contactor inside

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2C10 Fuel pump relay, activation: Line disconnection, that would be the trigger to the other two fault codes i would guess, relay in under bonnet fuse box , have a look in your car hand book for fuses and relay locations , would suspect its a relay issue might find its intermittent due to heat ie drive for a while the windings get hot and this effects the contactor inside
Seems like it. Thanks mike1967!
Reading on countless forums i suspect the LPFP relay its integrated on the board located on footwell module.
Seems like when getting hot the cracked soldering expands and losing connection, when cooling again after 10-15 minutes the car works like nothing happened.

This sunday im gonna take it apart and try to solder the connection.
Ill update it when im done.
Thank you again

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
good luck with soldering it and working out which relay , if that dont work could take a live from a ignition on point and run pump all the time when ignition is on all the time via its own relay and fuse a option,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

THERE IT IS !!!!

now im trying to actually soldering everything together 😤😤

If i cant make it i guess im just gonna buy a new jbe board 😭

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts