MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

According to MotoringFile.com MINI now has a rear camera retrofit kit available for Coopers with the navigation system.

I'm very interested in getting a hold of one of these kits, but apparetly they are only available in the U.K. Thus, does anyone know of a MINI dealer in the U.K. that will ship parts to the U.S. (or is anyone here willing to purchase the kit for me an post it to the U.S.)? I have a sister (and an aunt) who live in the U.K. that I guess I could ask, but I haven't heard from her in a while.

Anyway, I need some clarification on the kit's part numbers and maybe someone from the U.K. could ask the parts department at their local MINI dealership for me...

Could you look up the following part numbers and let me know what the differences are:

66 21 0 392 370
66 21 0 303 085

The part number is supposed to be for the rear-view camera retrofit kit for the MINI, but I don't know why they list two part numbers (unless one is for the Cooper and one is for the Cooper S, or one is for the CD-based nav system and the other is for the DVD-based nav system - and if so, which one is which??). Prices and availability would be good to know as well.

Also, there is a "switchbox" kit and a "handle strip seal" required for the install that's not included and I'd like to know what the part number is for those as well. According to the retrofit instructions, they are to be ordered separately (and it states "see EPC for part number and details" whatever that means??).

I'm interested in this for a 2005 MINI Cooper S with a DVD-based (MKIV) navigation system.

Any help from someone in the U.K. would be greatly appreciated.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
We posted this information on September 10th/11th: http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70834&highlight=prism

The information originally was on the press site for Germany (at that time, not on the UK site) so I'm sure it's available elsewhere, just no news on the US products at all at this time.

Sure someone can find the part details for you from Europe without too much trouble.

:)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul,

Thanks for the link. I remember seeing that, but had forgot about it (sorry about that).

It would be great if someone in Europe could indeed workout the part numbers for me. If I had all the correct part numbers, I'd phone up my sister and ask her to get them for me from the MINI dealer where she lives (Edinburgh, Scotland).

Anyone???

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
The first part number you quote is listed as 'Reversing camera retrofit kit' and the second part number is listed as 'Retrofit kit extras', and it looks like you need both. This is rear only.

66 21 0 392 370 - £269.09 +VAT - Part on hold, not yet available
66 21 0 303 085 - £156.60 +VAT - Available to order from Germany

For front it looks like you need one camera

66 21 0 392 371 - Unknown price, not yet available

and another of the extras kits as above.

That's the best as I can interpret it ATM. The fact that they're not available yet means that a dealer can't order the parts ATM.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
StevePSB,

AWESOME! Thanks for looking all of that info up for me. From what you've said, it appears that the "switchbox" (and possibly the "handle seal strip") is part of the "Retrofit kit extras" package. It's strange that the "Retrofit kit extras" component is available in Germany, but the main "Reversing camera retrofit kit" isn't. Weird... Anyway, thanks again as that's a BIG help for me.

RallyMINI,

Along those same lines... Who the hell needs a MINI? There are much more practical cars available for much less money, but that doesn't stop folks from buying them now does it? So, to answer your question, it's just a personal preference. I see this as being no more stupid than the silly parking distance control that's currently offered on the MINI. It's just something I find interesting and feel would add to the "cool factor" of the car. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

·
Registered
375 Posts
All,

Alex (A.K.A. "Macmini") from www.newmini-technik.de has once again stepped up to the plate for us and is considering offering a group buy for the rear camera retrofit kit (just as he did for the MINI armrest).

Thus, if any of you have an interest in getting the rear camera retrofit kit please post a note over in the following thread: http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1120576#post1120576http://www.motoringfile.com/2004/10/02/official_mini_rear_camera_retrofit_kit

Prices (and availability) are yet to be determined, but the more that are interested, the cheeper the kit will probably be.

Way to go Alex! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.