MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a mini roadster convertible 14 plate, the roof is working fine, opening and closing perfectly but the Red warning roof not locked properly sign is flashing and beeping continuously. I have tried opening and closing the roof and cleaning the latches, pushing down on the roof as it locks to much sure its locking in properly but nothing is working. ~The beeping noise is driving me crazy, any ideas please ? someone said maybe a sensor but i cant seem to locate where the sensor would be.
Many thanks :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
No sorry i haven't. I have resorted to removing the fuse and then if i want to put the roof down i just pop the fuse back in. Annoying i know but not as annoying as the constant beeping noise. Please let me know if you get any answers. Many thanks Emma x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Emma, thanks for the reply. My husband has removed and cleaned the sensor near the passenger side window and now it is intermittent. When it starts beeping the boot also locks as well. I read somewhere on here that it could be the battery as my stop start doesn’t work either and the car is now 9 years old. We may replace that and see what happens.
Mel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Emma, thanks for the reply. My husband has removed and cleaned the sensor near the passenger side window and now it is intermittent. When it starts beeping the boot also locks as well. I read somewhere on here that it could be the battery as my stop start doesn’t work either and the car is now 9 years old. We may replace that and see what happens.
M
Mel
Hi mel
Thank you... i will try fitting a new battery as my stop start doesn't work either. I'll let you know when ive tried it. X

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue. I checked the microswitch above the passenger window and tightened the screws and sprayed with switch cleaner. It worked last summer but not this summer. The car sits outside.
I suspect that there is a switch connected to the mechanical locking handle but have not figured out how to remove the plastic cover. I have the circuit diagram but no closing mechanism logic or switch positions. Can anyone help. The Cooper manual is not helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts