MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just read Soggy Cornflakes thread on run behaviour and agree with him completely. Mini runs should be fun – and they are. What we do not want is mini runs to get a bad reputation like cruises do, and what we do not need is the police trying to prevent runs. I went to a max power cruise at Trent embankment in Nottingham six years ago. Everyone was having fun and things were going reasonably well until two individuals spoiled it for everyone. One torched an old cavalier Mk2 and another started to smash the windows of a shop. The result of this is that the cruise got some very bad press indeed.

Now I know that this has never happened at a mini run and never will, but we do need to remember this – Mini runs take place in beautiful parts of the countryside with fun, twisty roads. They often occur on Sundays, and this just happens to occur with people visiting the countryside. Most of these people who visit may not appreciate “interesting :D ” overtaking manouvrers, or “spirited :cool: ” driving (in which case they should go out and buy a mini! :) ). Again, what I mentioned above is very extreme, and would not occur at a mini run, but the point is this, it only takes the actions of one or two individuals to get the mini run a bad reputation and stopped.
Read and take in Soggy Cornflakes thread!

On a much happier note, Happy Christmas everybody! ;)

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Thanks Chris - and yes it is a timely reminder for all to take care on the roads, especially at this time of year when unfortunaltey there will inevitably be some idiots driving with too much beer in them - go careful folks, and do not be one of those idiots !

The thread Chris was taling about is here http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37052

Compulsory reading at least once a year :D

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
And I dug it out and made it a sticky - it deserves to be :)

I got fed up not being able to find it every time I replied to people asking about "runs" and what to expect etc...

The bottom line is, have fun, be careful, do not spoil it for the others, and do not give MINI ownership or MINI2 a bad name! :)

DK :) :apple:

·
Scalextric Test Driver
234 Posts
When I was a TT owner....I attended the Annual "National Day" meet.
All the discussion prior was of safe runs, at parade speeds.......OH YEAH.
Within minutes of each departure point, egos and BHP figures were being tested.
Every subsequent stop, an opportunity to discuss near misses and "hooning".

A large group of any single type of vehicle will attract attention...that's the bit we all enjoy!!

But a large group of vehicles being driven in this manner will bring the wrong attention...and disgrace upon the brand.

I peeled away from the group just in time to avoid the "over the hill Gatso" that caught so many....and the eventual roadside Traffic Officer....no doubt responding to telephone calls from the public.

I really love my new Mini.....it brings so much more than the TT ever did. I hope I find the whole ownership experience that much better also, including the Runs I plan to attend and very much enjoy. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.