MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
3 new text messages from.
96,277 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well the guy had it modded before he gave it to them. I guess with the budget they had he thought after market. And lets face it 10k aftermarket would be an awesome mini. He was expecting more than the works.

If you do a search on North American you can read all about it. How they hated when the girl kept saying you got a supercharger. SOmebody should have told her all S's come with them.

He autocrosses and the 18" weren't his thing either.

Paul

·
Registered
324 Posts
I couldn't believe that they kept on going on about 200bhp.......that's nothing now when doing aftermarket modding. With the mods that he already had, they probably reduced his power ;)

Maybe they should have done a little more research into the car they were going to modify.....crap program and crap presenters.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
MINIAC said:
Maybe all you people :rolleyes: at the owner ought to read the following thread ...

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54431
Read it......I haven't changed my view. Yes the mechanics on the show were idiots and that woman at the end didn't help:rolleyes:.......but he still got a JCW Kit/JCW Wheels/Custom Graphics/New Springs and a LSD for nought. Most people on here would be doing cart wheels. Even he admits he wasn't best thrilled.

·
Registered
444 Posts
LMB said:
Read it......I haven't changed my view. Yes the mechanics on the show were idiots and that woman at the end didn't help:rolleyes:.......but he still got a JCW Kit/JCW Wheels/Custom Graphics/New Springs and a LSD for nought. Most people on here would be doing cart wheels. Even he admits he wasn't best thrilled.
OK, this is your opinion of course. I gather you hold the JCW kit in high regard, but I believe that most all here that really know about performance mods see it for what it is, 5K of not a whole lot.
Point is that this show took the VERY easy way out. They had absolutely NO clue what to do with this car, so they called Mini and just let them take over.
TEN GRAND they had to do mods with, as I understand it, and this is what they came up with? Give me 10K and I'll give you a show , not some spider web, wheels and a JCW kit I assure you.

I would have reacted more disapointed then Paul did. His reaction was painful for me as I felt for him.
If your going to do a show like this, then at least do your homework. This was not only unfair to Paul, but unfair to anyone watching that believed that these guys actually know what they are doing.
Paul WAS grateful for the only thing that he should have been grateful for, and that was the LSD, even though IT did'nt even turn out to be a true LSD.
Was a bunch of crap.

Now, I will say that watching the video clips of the MC mechanic doing the work was fun. Takes a bit of the mystery out of it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
LMB said:

I guess you miss the big point here. He sees other shows where the spend 10k on upgrades, big brakes, intercoolers etc. He gets the Works kit..Which he allready had approximated with his 15% pulley and other mods.

Most people on here doing cart wheels? LOL. Have you even read a JCW vs aftermarket thread anywhere? Do a poll. How many modded guys would take a works kit and new 18" wheels and graphics compared to 10K worth of FURTHER upgrades to their mini.

Paul

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
pcnorton said:
I guess you miss the big point here. He sees other shows where the spend 10k on upgrades, big brakes, intercoolers etc. He gets the Works kit..Which he allready had approximated with his 15% pulley and other mods.

Most people on here doing cart wheels? LOL. Have you even read a JCW vs aftermarket thread anywhere? Do a poll. How many modded guys would take a works kit and new 18" wheels and graphics compared to 10K worth of FURTHER upgrades to their mini.

Paul
I do see where you are coming from and 'Yes' I do hold the Works in very high esteem, I went and bought one. Differing opinions on this one, so we’ll have to agree to disagree.;)

At the end of the day I have never seen the show before so I don't know what they normally do to when they put their minds to it. They did seem disinterest from the off and I agree in a sense the JCW was the easy option. However, they did still spend $10,000 on the car, which is a lot of money. Whilst I question the relevance of the graphics, on the whole they have improved his car. Maybe it was not to the extent that he was expecting but at least the Works has given him a good basis to further modify the car. And should he decide to sell in the future he will at least now get some return on what they spent. The wheels can earn him a bob or two for a start.

So it’s not all bad.;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.