MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey guys,

Working hard at my day job (posting messages on mini2) I decided to check out how I would come out it I wrapped my MCS round a tree Mark Bolan style. Went to the euroNCAP website and found the videos of the crash tests:

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Mini

2002 Mini
Euro NCAP - For safer cars | BMW Mini

2007 Mini
Euro NCAP - For safer cars | BMW Mini

Both fare pretty well with pedestrians coming off worse, but then they shouldn't get in the way! I was wondering if anyones has any major crashes and how their mini faired

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Well, a couple of years ago I got rear-ended in my ONE (still go it!) whilst stationary by a Peugeot 306 doing approximately 30-35mph at the point of impact. I got a bit of a jolt, but not too much drama really... absolutely no whip-lash, in a modern car like the MINI the headrests do a great job of ensuring you're properly supported. :cool:

I was able to (slowly) drive the car to the dealer for 3 weeks of repairs (about £2,500-worth, if I remember correctly), whilst the Peugeot was totalled (dragged off the road by a flat-bed truck). Honestly, you wouldn't have thought the two cars had been in the same accident. :p

There have been a few postings here and there about people who have crashed, with photos as well. Generally speaking, MINIs are tough little cars and do quite well protecting the occupants.

All the best,
Andrew.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts