MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fitted the Mini Sat nav holder to my car yesterday.
It bolts to the back of the rev counter and the wiring harness goes into the back of the OBD port .
I have a brand new Garmin fitted to it (4.3") screen .
Much better than the suction cub on the speedo and no wires trailing around .

·
Registered
44 Posts
I fitted mine last weekend, I bought the kit from BMW and was pleased when it came complete with wiring. I was lucky enough to find a genuine Mine/Garmin satnav on ebay which was new.

The unit comes with free lifetime map updates too. I added the safety cameras option for £16.99.

I like it and find you can operate the screen without taking your hands off the wheel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did you fit the little plastic cover on the steering column adjustment pivot .
I couodnt find it so left it off not even sure what purpose it serves.
Do you mean the small clips that limits pivot movement. (I) as in the below picture?
I can send you the .pdf fitting instruction if needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've just read the instruction and checked the contents of the box, I did not fit clip "J", but it looks like it clips over the column bolt end???

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ah, you've got the large Garmin. That's exactly what I did, however I was lucky enough to find a genuine Mini/Garmin which is a little smaller. The plastic clip limits upward movement of the column. If you move the column fully up it does hit the back of the rev counter on the dash.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ah Ok ,now that makes sense .
I saw a Mini branded (Garmin)one on ebay ,what are they like re info and maps ,can they be updated FOC?.
I also tried an even larger one but the 4.3" one I have fitted now works well although the info bar on the right of the screen is obscured by the steering wheel unless used in the top position .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
2 Participants
G-A-R-Y
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing