MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Its for a paint protection system which you can buy off eBay for about £30 and apply yourself if you really wanted it. But its not all that great TBH;)

·
Registered
651 Posts
The hard-wax they use in the kit itself is very good, its a paint sealant and lasts for about 3-6 months. Its a very similar product to Rain-X and very easy to apply. It gives a superb shine and gives a very bobbly finish in the rain.

I'm a big car detailer and in comparison to meguiars, autoglym even zymol it is far superior in terms of finish, time to apply, longevity and ease of application. After it has been applied, tar spots and such just come off while washing with a woolen wash mit....

You can buy the Hard Wax (not hard at all, its liquid) from any dealer parts department, #83 12 0 411 238 and retails about £15 per 375ml.

Give it a try, its not worth the £400 or whatever you have been quoted but its certainly better than anything else I have used and recommend it to everybody.

·
MINIac
90 Posts
I've got the Seal and Protect on mine, but was only charged £299, Has it made a difference? whose to say, I know my bonnet is full of stone chips now, so I'd be more worried about that than how shiny it looks.

If you're someone who is gonna look after the mini and wash it each week or whatever I wouldn't bother.

In fact I wouldn't bother at all.

It also covers the interior, I'm not sure what they do inside, but I think it's just like scotchguard type stuff.

So tell them to forget it. Pick up some hard-wax or decent polish and scotchguard your seats on the day you get it.

It is not worth the money on reflection.

Craig

·
Registered
651 Posts
It doesn't protect against stone chips or damage to the paint such as scratches and scuffs, no wax or sealant will do that.

The stuff is a paint sealant and it protects against contaminants like bird lime and water spots etc just like a wax would do. The difference being it lasts for 3-6 months whereas a normal wax will last about 2-3 weeks obviously depending on the condition of the paint you apply it to.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The stuff is a paint sealant and it protects against contaminants like bird lime and water spots etc just like a wax would do. The difference being it lasts for 3-6 months whereas a normal wax will last about 2-3 weeks obviously depending on the condition of the paint you apply it to.
Waxes last much longer than that in my experience. I use Collinite Wax and it lasts between 8-12 months.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts