MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just learned from my dealer that a special invitation is in the mail from mini. The mini will be on display at the Union Station in Kansas City, Missouri on February 21. The mini will be silver. :D

The mini will not however be at the KC Auto Show the first week of March.

Mini's will be in the dealers showroom the week of March 21 for sale, test drives, etc.

I am No. 9 on the list for a Cooper and found that I can begin to spec my new mini! :D

The March/April cars will be pre spec. Maybe one of these will match my needs...or be close enough!

Waiting for Feb 21 to see a mini in person will be tough. It's been nearly a year since I placed my reservation. The wait is nearly over. Gawd this is exciting.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great News

Thanks for the information. I should be getting the invitation soon. The problem is I am not sure I can make to KC on that day. Do you know if the cars are going to be in town longer or is it just the one night.

Stan

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like that day only. I think the dealer will probably chime in to this thread to set us right. He told me he will get to drive the mini the first week of March. What a lucky guy.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Tom D said:
I have not received an invitation yet. Has anyone else?

Tom
At Baron MINI? I'm on the list at this dealer too, and I have not received anything from them about this event.

Come to think of it, I have not heard a single thing from them since June when I placed my deposit. Asleep at the wheel? (It hasn't bothered me much as I'm much lower on the S list at the St. Louis dealer)

Has Baron's contacted anyone else about anything at all?

·
Registered
339 Posts
They have NEVER contacted me. The only way I have received anything from them is by calling or E-mailing. If I get an invitation, I will be pleasantly suprised.

Tom

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have not heard from them either. When I placed my deposit they said they would send be a receipt and an agreement of sorts. This never happended. So when I was in KC I stopped in to see the dealer and was promptly filled with misinformation and sent on my way. Subsequent phone calls and e-mails were ignored. When I got the name of another contact from this forum I contacted him. I was provided some additional information. Such as that I was further down the list than originally told. However, the information was more in line with what I was hearing here.

Stan

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have yet to receive my invite as well. Emailed the dealer again today. He said that Mini would be sending us the invites. I am trying to get a clarification. Might have to go in this weekend to Baron and find out more. Will pass on the info that I get.

I am also trying to find out what will be on the pre-spec'd minis to see if I will just decide to take a floor model vs my specs.

From what I can tell by this site, Baron is not the only dealer dribbling out the info. I don't think the dealers are really given much to go on either.

Replies to all emails would be nice however.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Confirmed in KC.

Just got the call from BaronMini in KC. The mini will be shown at the Union Station Cafe at 6-9 pm this Thursday.

They apparently are calling everyone since the invite by mail is kind of behind.

This is your only shot until they show up at the dealers. :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back from seeing the mini at the Union Station in Kansas City. It was a great evening and seemed very well attended.

A silver Mini with a black roof was present. I must say that pictures do not do this car justice. I want one even more now.

While it is a little taller than I had pictured, the wide stance gives it a squatty look. Especially from the rear. It is really roomy inside, even in the back. Fit and finish quality is extremely high.

All in all, it was a nice event. Free cocktails, food, brochures (yeaaa!) and good people all paining even more than ever to get their mini. I was surprised to hear from so many people that still own or owned at least one mini. Several guys had pictures of their cars.

Lastly, on our way to my car in the parking sat a 1961 modified Mini Cooper. It just makes you laugh to see it and it had attracted quite the crowd. What a great night!:D :D :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks for the post. I live in Wichita and the timing on the event was not good for me. I had planned to go and things didn't work out. I will just have to wait until late March and maybe I can test drive one at the same time. I am happy to hear it went well.

Stan

·
Registered
930 Posts
kcmini,

Is the brochure a "new" version? Anything on the availability of the 5-star wheels for the Cooper S??????

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The brochure is a complete summary of the cooper and the cooper s, its options and its design. The only other brochure I have ever had in my hands is the little motoring brochure. I would believe that this is the newest version available to Baron Mini. This brochure does state that other colors will be available so it has probably been around for awhile. Not sure if it is quite as complete as some scans I have seen of the European brochures. Does seem complete for my needs.

Can't tell you about the wheels. Sorry. I am going for the Cooper so I didn't ask.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts