MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on the mini.co.uk offical site you can request a service etc and a valet or/and spa...

Has anyone had a valet or a mini spa done to there MINI?

What do they do on it exactly, obviously the Valet would be making it look like new but the spa?

Is it worth the money? (how much is it?)

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
Spa is just a name the Marketing people came up with. All it is is a valet.

Knowing the labour rates BMW dealerships charge I would guess the cost would be verging on extortianate.

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
That wouldn't surprise me.

The one and only time the dealership I worked at did one was over 2 years ago, and they charged £95 + VAT :aargh:

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
Most people would Jo, but as long as there are people that don't want to there will be people willing to charge them a crazy amount to do it for them.

Ain't capitalism great? :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I better learn how to do it good by myself then!

Im not used to all this claying/waxing/cleaning stuff I dont know where to start!

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
You could always ask around and see if there are any MINI owners near you that will do it for you.

There are plenty out there that actually enjoy cleaning cars! :aargh:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You never know! There are some nice people out there lol

I would like to learn how to do it myself though - any sites anyone know of that shows you/gives you tips?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea! Well I kept my old car in great condition - the paintwork NEVER scratched (it was a Peugeot in orange/fire colour and it was 5 years older than the mini I have now! AND I got away with using a sponge!

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Sponges are fine - its just when people try to be ecowarriors and rinse them rarely. I don't like the idea of claying my car - sounds a bit scary. Still, I keep mine in the garage so the atmospheric pollution thing only happens when I drive it - not often!

I find Autoglym is the best, but if its just for the shine rather than the protection, the cheaper stuff works well - its good for summer when theres no salt abusing your nice shiny mini. Wretched council!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
there must be a product out there (not polish that wears paint down) that can make a good shine and cover straches which you can use all the time and wont damage paintwork?

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
there must be a product out there (not polish that wears paint down) that can make a good shine and cover straches which you can use all the time and wont damage paintwork?
Polish doesn't wear the paint down! Its just abrasive ones that do - autoglym super resin polish
isn't abrasive, or if you want a cheaper option, turtlewax or triplewax do the same. As for the scratches - it depends how deep they are. Problem is, to get rid of a scratch, you have to smooth the paint around the scratch - thus thinning the coat. The only way to have the full thickness paint and no scratches is to not touch your car ever (both you and anything!), or have it resprayed.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts