MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm begining to consider lowering my mcs, did some searching here to see what would be best for me. I've started to like the mini sport s/e 20mm lower spring but can't find any feedback for them here. I'm looking for a mild drop wich is why I'd consider the s/e springs.
I hear good things about the h-sport and eibach but my concern with them is the actual amount they lower the car once settled. Help!
Thanx.
:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx onasled

Your car looks great, I drive a black mcs too but mine has a white top, mirrors and hood stripes. Anyway, I'm still not completely decided to lower the car. It all stems from installing 215/45/17 tires on kosei k1 17x7.5 and finding that the tires made the car a little taller. I've started to get use to the way it looks and it'll probably end up been a good thing that the car is a little taller when the snow starts to accumulate around here. I may just keep this set up for winter driving with stock suspension and go for 16" kosei k1's for the summer with a smaller profile tire. That would lower the car and it's center of gravity without compromising the ride. I'm tempted to go for h-sport springs and a sway bar but I don't take my car on the race track nor have done auto x. I do want to experience my car at the track and auto x but I'm not concerned with shaving 10th's of a second there or my comute. Thanx for your comments & suggestions onasled.
:)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Funny you should mention your wheel/tire setup. I just installed the same on my car a week ago. Below are some photos.
I'm having Bridgstone Blizacks installed on my stock rims today as the Yokos are not so good in snow, ice and mud, which my driveway turns to in winter. YUK! :eek:

Oh, by the way, they do rub on the wheel wells over hard bumbs, or when you have the original wheels and runflats in the back.... :D . This is not a problem though as it's a very easy fix.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stylin

Wow, I couldn't ask for a better representation of what my car would look like. I very much like the kosei wheels on a mini, I'm running the all season Falken ziex512 in 215/45/17 tires. It will be my first winter on them, I didn't have any problems last year with all the snow on the oem goodyear runflat. Your car looks good. The long Island mini club is planning to run a ralley later this year or early next year to go hit the vineyards, maybe you want to drive down to the Island. Keep an eye on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts