MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from work today I got quite a treat. Cruising down the freeway and, lo and behold, what do I see creeping along in traffic on the other side of the freeway? None other than a liquid yellow/white MINI Cooper! It may sound pretty silly (though I tihnk most readers of this forum will understand ;) ), but my heart literally skipped a beat. I can't really say why...I've known about and followed the car for quite awhile now, and have even seen and sat in one at the LA Auto Show. For some reason just actually seeing one on the road, out in the "real world" in the middle of 8 lanes of vehicular drudgery was exhilarating. Not much longer now....

PigLick

(PS for those familiar with the area, I was heading westbound on the I-10 through Fontana, just east of the 15, and the MINI was headed east. I wonder where it was going, the nearest (future) MINI dealer would probably be Assael in Monrovia, and there aren't any dealers in the direction it was going....)

·
Loves MINI2
855 Posts
I bet that was so cool. I can't wait to see one driving on the road. I am on the look out for car carriers - to hopefully see one transporting the MINI's to the dealerships. I have my camera in my car, just in case :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I saw a yellow and black mini cooper in the Northridge, california area a month ago crusing around I felt the same way.:p

·
Registered
577 Posts
A Cooper S was spotted (pics of it were on MINI2 a few months ago, taken through the dirty window of a New Beetle) on the freeway (210 I think) headed toward Monrovia, as I recall. Apparently there are a few "selected" dealers who were road testing some of the early models. You may spot a few more before the official launch date as the dealers receive their first demo units.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts